Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to stop riding like an idiot

Options
  • 09-05-2018 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

I commute to work on my cbr1000rr and everyone else feels slow. I get frustrated extremely quickly by ****ty drivers that go 20 or 30 under the limit which basically means that 50% of my 60km commute I end in the opposite lane overtaking cars. Same thing on the motorway. I then start raging and going way over the speed limit to escape from everyone until there are no cages around me. Some days I can relax and ride at a normal pace when I am not going to work but in most cases I get pissed off by turtle reactions and speed. I don't know if you've seen it but I would compare myself to BaronVonGrumble on YouTube from when he used to commute. I know I am wrong and I will probably hurt myself when my luck runs out but my anger clouds my mind and I end up doing stupid ****. I can't afford to go to a psychologist to control my anger because they're way too expensive for me. I am only an intern worker.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Sell your motorcycle and buy a bicycle. It will make the roads much safer for everyone including yourself. Just remember "It is better to arrive late than be dead on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Mrhuth

No I am not going to sell it, what a ****ty advice. If I could ****ing sell it and get to my work in 1 hour then I would. How the **** am I going to commute 60km on a bicycle? Or get stuck in massive queues for 3 hours. I don't care about my life, I really don't. I don't even care about myself anymore, I used to be obsessed with myself and now I just don't care. Yeah sell your bike, nice iq there buddy m.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,013 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

That state of mind is not compatible with long term motorcycle usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

He's a cyclist, they're not known for good judgement

Can't get mental help without paying outrageous costs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Mrhuth wrote: »
    Can't get mental help without paying outrageous costs.

Could probably afford a good few sessions if you sold the bike ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

You don't care about your life, what about other road users you're putting in danger? What about your family that might have to look after you? You're not the only one to consider here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

No I am not going to sell it, what a ****ty advice. If I could ****ing sell it and get to my work in 1 hour then I would. How the **** am I going to commute 60km on a bicycle? Or get stuck in massive queues for 3 hours. I don't care about my life, I really don't. I don't even care about myself anymore, I used to be obsessed with myself and now I just don't care. Yeah sell your bike, nice iq there buddy m.

The above reply to a simple suggestion demonstrates why you should never be allowed to have any mechanical device in your possession and I would urge you most sincerely to attend an anger management course ASAP.
    On second thoughts I think this is a windup from a troll.

I have also started carrying a spiked baseball bat in my backpack for extremely frustrating moments. I haven't used it but I used it as an intimidation factor.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Get a Harley, you'll never have to worry about speeding ever again.

• Advertisement

SteM wrote: »
    You don't care about your life, what about other road users you're putting in danger? What about your family that might have to look after you? You're not the only one to consider here.

Don't care, I should be put in a mental hospital or executed.

wexie wrote: »
    Could probably afford a good few sessions if you sold the bike ;)

But then I wouldn't be able to get to work and would end up losing

• Registered Users Posts: 31,013 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Don't care, I should be put in a mental hospital or executed.
    This isn't the forum for those issues.

Have you considered buying a GS?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I commute to work on my cbr1000rr and everyone else feels slow. I get frustrated extremely quickly by ****ty drivers that go 20 or 30 under the limit which basically means that 50% of my 60km commute I end in the opposite lane overtaking cars. Same thing on the motorway. I then start raging and going way over the speed limit to escape from everyone until there are no cages around me. Some days I can relax and ride at a normal pace when I am not going to work but in most cases I get pissed off by turtle reactions and speed. I don't know if you've seen it but I would compare myself to BaronVonGrumble on YouTube from when he used to commute. I know I am wrong and I will probably hurt myself when my luck runs out but my anger clouds my mind and I end up doing stupid ****. I can't afford to go to a psychologist to control my anger because they're way too expensive for me. I am only an intern worker.

Honestly as another road user your attitude stinks. Your making light of the fact that your a danger to yourself and others.

There are two ways to stop driving like an idiot.

1, accept that you don’t dictate the speed of overall traffic and give yourself time to drive safely to arrive on time and relaxed, and safe.

2, stop using your bike for the commute and use ot for leisure only.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

calm down and stop looking for attention,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

image-20161005-15882-13x0gd1.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q=45&auto=format&w=237&fit=clip

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Angry troll indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

What a fcuking tool.

The bike of course, not the troll ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Handbags at dawn.
    Chill

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement