Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterless trap waste water option

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

cargen wrote: »
    Any experience on waterless trap waste water for a bathroom sink?
    I need to install a vanity unit under the basin and I need space for the drawers.
    Is is this a good solution?

https://plumbing4home.com/long-space-saving-flexible-waterless-membrane-drain-waste-trap-replacement

I have seen these used alot in spain and they don't seem to last long, the wall thickness of the flexible section is really thin and they seem to leak after only a couple of years and need replacement. I would suggest going to a good plumbing suppliers and see can you get a 90 Deg bend , pipe , another 90 and a proper hepvo trap, would a solution like that suit you

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭cargen

I have seen these used alot in spain and they don't seem to last long, the wall thickness of the flexible section is really thin and they seem to leak after only a couple of years and need replacement. I would suggest going to a good plumbing suppliers and see can you get a 90 Deg bend , pipe , another 90 and a proper hepvo trap, would a solution like that suit you

Thanks.
    Probably hepvo trap will work as well.
    Do you think they are better quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭k123456

I have one of the flexi tubes , in a vanity unit. Happy enough with it. One small issue is when you open the drawer, items in the drawer might snag against the tube. Easily solved , dont store "tall" items near the tube

Thanks.
    Probably hepvo trap will work as well.
    Do you think they are better quality?

Hepvo traps are good quality have used plenty on commercial projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭cargen

Hepvo traps are good quality have used plenty on commercial projects.

Thanks all for the advice?
    Any idea where I can get it in Dublin area (D12)on a Saturday morning?

• Advertisement

Sorry from cork myself , but most good plumbing suppliers should have them

Also look up the macalpine trap catelogue and look at the space saver kits , these are exactly what you looking for

Advertisement