Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IGRS day at Pearse library

Options
  • 09-05-2018 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

I note there is an open day of the Irish Genealogical Reseach Society at Pearse Library, Dublin on 19th May. I am trying to find a shedule of the talks but the website for society is not operational.

Anyone?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,117 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Genealogy Open Day – Saturday 19th May 2018
    Venue: Dublin City Library & Archive, 138-144 Pearse Street, Dublin 2
    Admission: free, no need to book.
    10:00-10:20 Registration
    10:20-10:30 Chairperson’s Welcome
    10:30-11:15 Linde Lunney: 300th anniversary of the 1718 migration from Ulster to New England
    11:20-12:00 Brian Hollinshead: “Where Historical Geography meets Genealogy”
    12:00-13:30 Lunch at own expense
    13:45-14:30 Lynn Brady: Glasnevin Cemetery resources for the family historian
    14:45-16:00 Lightening talks:

“Genealogy novels: are they any good & should you be reading them?!” by Claire Bradley

“Organising Genealogy: How do you do it?” by Aileen Wynne

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Website is very much operational!

https://www.irishancestors.ie/

Should be a good day.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,117 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hoping to drop in myself and have a chat with one of the speakers about a relatively close DNA match we can't figure out. Perhaps 'old goat of an ancestor' syndrome...ooh er...

I'll be there too. ;)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Hope to be able to get in. I'd love to hear all about organising genealogy. My desk area is a complete mess and never seems to get better! Maybe it will be a "How Clean is your House" type of thing where an experienced genealogist will come to your house and tidy up my computer files, binders, arch files and biscuit boxes! :-D

• Advertisement

Lol! Maybe I should offer that as a sideline business.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

You should. There's a gap in the market! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cat_r

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Hope to be able to get in.  I'd love to hear all about organising genealogy.  My desk area is a complete mess and never seems to get better! Maybe it will be a "How Clean is your House" type of thing where an experienced genealogist will come to your house and tidy up my computer files, binders, arch files and biscuit boxes! :-D
    I'd sign up!

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭cobham

Time to mark the calendar, will there be an 'open day' in May this year?

Yes, it will be on the 18th but I don't know the venue yet. I am not involved with running the IGRS anymore, but I am speaking on the day. I believe it will have a DNA focus.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
Advertisement