Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non refundable booking

Options
  • 09-05-2018 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I Totally screwed up and booked a non refundable holiday back in march. I only noticed it now last night it was non refundable. The hotel is booked for September for two people and costs €650. Try ringing booking,com but not connecting, I emailed them and recived a email back saying they were waiting for a reply from them. The money still has not been taken from my account for some reason. What are the chances of getting my money back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Eh, not really a question anyone can answer here. It's completely up to the website and hotel. But they owe you nothing. It'll be goodwill if they give you anything back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The hotel have to pay booking.com regardless.
    As Rossieman said, they may as a good will gesture refund you something, but hey are fully within their tights to take the lot.
    The rooms are offered at cheap rates because they are non-refundable.

I would email the hotel directly too to try and sort it out, rather than just go through booking.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

I booked a non refundable hotel in Tenerife last October and money was taken from my account straight away.
    I ended up spotting a better deal in another hotel so I contacted the first hotel and told a small white lie about not being able to travel due to a sick wife.

I got the money back, no issue at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wolfman2018

Hi guys, looking for some advice.

So a few months back i booked a weekend away on Booking.com. I booked the cheaper room by pre-paying and as such my card was charged full amount. I now have a situation whereby due to unforeseen circumstances, i now will not be able to make the journey.

What are the chances of getting a refund?

I have e-mailed the hotel this afternoon, awaiting a reply.

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jamesyboid88

Contact booking.com and they will contact the property. I made the same mistake but fortunately I was fully refunded. Just give them a tearjerker of an excuse

Advertisement