Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a Bus Eireann annual ticket you could buy as a gift?

Options
  • 09-05-2018 3:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭

I was checking the BE website and can only see an annual ticket that employers can purchase for their staff.

What I'm looking for is a ticket which you could give to a person starting college in Dublin as a gift, where they could use it to do their trip from home to Dublin and back every weekend, or Monday morning/Friday afternoon.

Does such a thing exist?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Anyone can buy an annual ticket, at full price. Its quite hefty. It'll be a lot dearer than a student return for the 35 or so weekends they'll use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Money in a card so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

NIMAN wrote: »
    Money in a card so!!
    Be wary of giving a young student hundreds of euros at the start of the year. A steady stipend can work much better. :)

Note that they may need a bus ticket from where they are staying to college anyway. Student tickets are usually sold as monthly tickets, not annual.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

A top up to a student leap card might be an idea. They can use it on all forms of transport and you can top up in increments so if it's lost not too much credit lost. I assume they need to start college and register for the card 1st

If you wanted to give as a gift/ surprise a regular leap card which you could top up would work. Obviously can't avail of student discounts with that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

tara83 wrote: »
    so if it's lost not too much credit lost.
    If a **registered** Leap Card is lost, you can get the credit back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement