Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gearagh

Options
  • 08-05-2018 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever fished here and is it worth a go? Any advise on it or the surrounding areas?
    I'm on a quest to catch a pike to no avail.
    I walk the dog here a bit and met a lad last week who had one of about 4kgs snap the line as he was about to lift it out.
    Figured it was worth a go so headed down today(with a permit) and fished the same lake but a different spot to him and had another blank.
    It's starting to annoy me now, dunno if it's me, what I'm doing or where I'm fishing. 3 blanks in a row. I'm mainly a shore angler but there's loads of fresh water spots a lot closer to me than the sea so want to give it a proper go to try and get out more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,924 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

You should contact the Cork and District Pike Anglers where you'd get loads of help and advice but I'm sure their season runs from October to March.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I fished it ages ago without success, there are certainly better spots for Pike up towards Dripsey.

Worth checking that there are no current fishing restrictions in place, the whole of Inniscarra has just been closed for angling following the disease outbreak on the Lough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭.red.

I fished it ages ago without success, there are certainly better spots for Pike up towards Dripsey.

Worth checking that there are no current fishing restrictions in place, the whole of Inniscarra has just been closed for angling following the disease outbreak on the Lough.
    Thanks for the replies.
    No restrictions in place, or there are restrictions, and if so, what areas?
    I was gonna chance the coachford Greenway but think that's closed for now so will probably venture towards loch Allua or somewhere around the gearagh again.
    I've vowed not to fish the sea again till I get a pike lol. Could be a long wait.

Advertisement