Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermostatic shower

Options
  • 08-05-2018 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hi Guys. I'm looking to swap my electric shower for a thermostatic one to run off my gas combi boiler. Any recommendations of which shower is best sub €200.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

wex96 wrote:
    Hi Guys. I'm looking to swap my electric shower for a thermostatic one to run off my gas combi boiler. Any recommendations of which shower is best sub €200. Thanks

Are you looking for a thermostatic power shower? Or a gravity fed thermostatic cartridge shower?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭wex96

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Are you looking for a thermostatic power shower? Or a gravity fed thermostatic cartridge shower?

I think cartridge one. But maybe power one...grrrrr!!! I thought power showers were fancy electric or pumped ones.?

wex96 wrote:
    I think cartridge one. But maybe power one...grrrrr!!! I thought power showers were fancy electric or pumped ones.?

If you get a cartridge thermostatic shower you will have no pressure unless you install a pump somewhere. I remember as a kid the pressure was so bad you'd almost have to run around to get wet. Even though the water was hot you'd be shivering in the shower as there'd be so little water.

You should have a chat with your plumber before ordering any shower imo. Get his /her advice. You don't have to take it but they'll spell out your options, pros and cons of each shower

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

If you get a cartridge thermostatic shower you will have no pressure unless you install a pump somewhere. I remember as a kid the pressure was so bad you'd almost have to run around to get wet. Even though the water was hot you'd be shivering in the shower as there'd be so little water.

You should have a chat with your plumber before ordering any shower imo. Get his /her advice. You don't have to take it but they'll spell out your options, pros and cons of each shower
    Why do you think this ? He has a combi boiler !!!

sullzz wrote:
    Why do you think this ? He has a combi boiler !!!

combi boilers in Dublin are supposed to be fed by the attic tank & not the mains. This would be gravity unless there is a pump installed. Op didnt mention a pump so I was confused as to the set up. Just trying to get find out exactly what is installed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭wex96

combi boilers in Dublin are supposed to be fed by the attic tank & not the mains. This would be gravity unless there is a pump installed. Op didnt mention a pump so I was confused as to the set up. Just trying to get find out exactly what is installed

I had a combi 24 gas boiler installed no pump. Afaik tank fed.
    Thanks

Advertisement