Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Car coolant containers

• 08-05-2018 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭ randomname2005

Hi,
    I have some empty car coolant containers, except for the last drops that won't come out, which I want to dispose of responsibly. My nearest waste disposal center that deals with anything chemical, barna waste in tuam wants them to be rinsed out. However, I don't feel comfortable with rinsing them and putting the mixture down the drain.
    Is rinsing them okay or are there other suggestions about what to do?
    Best wishes
    Rn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭ two wheels good

Let them dry out in the sun?
    Drain them onto newspaper and put the newspaper in the waste bin. Poke a hole in the bottom of the container if necessary.
    (TBH I'd have slung them into the appropriate skip at the tip.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭ randomname2005

Let them dry out in the sun?
    Drain them onto newspaper and put the newspaper in the waste bin. Poke a hole in the bottom of the container if necessary.
    (TBH I'd have slung them into the appropriate skip at the tip.)

If I do any of the above can they be recycled? Or do the just get put into the waste bin? Am I just as well putting them in the non recycle bin with the last few drops in them?

Advertisement