Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water

Options
  • 08-05-2018 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

My shower is leaking very badly at underside of unit. I cant turn it off even though shower was off when it happened. I turned on sink tap this morning and suddenly the water started gushing out of shower. My landlord will try and get the plumber to call around. Ive had a shower in it since. Dont know if that's ok. Its a pump shower. Im just concerned about all the water thats being.wasted. I turned electric power off but to no avail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,944 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

My shower is leaking very badly at underside of unit. I cant turn it off even though shower was off when it happened. I turned on sink tap this morning and suddenly the water started gushing out of shower. My landlord will try and get the plumber to call around. Ive had a shower in it since. Dont know if that's ok. Its a pump shower. Im just concerned about all the water thats being.wasted. I turned electric power off but to no avail.

It's very dangerous to use a leaking power or electric shower. Safest thing is to turn off the power at the fusebox.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Turn water off possibly a valve in hot press or under kitchen sink or if that doesn't work then turn it off at the meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

I wouldnt worry too much about the water thats being wasted , id be more concerned about jumping ito a shower that has water leaking around heavy electric cables . Its on par to having a bath with a plugged in toaster on your lap.:rolleyes:

Advertisement