Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cartell issue.. GTI to Golf R.

Options
  • 08-05-2018 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Bought myself a lovely golf R this morning but had a bit of a surprise in the process. Having looked at my Golf Gti trade in ,the sales guy ran a Cartell check on my car and came back Cat C. Here lies the problem. When I bought it 2 years ago I ran a cartell check which I still have and it came back clear. Luckily with the age of the GTI it didn't make a whole lot of difference and we still ironed out a deal.
    Rang cartel and they were fairly unenthusiastic and said to email them the details and they would see if there was anything they could find out. Just goes to show a cartell check isn't of much use if the accident was recent and still hasn't hit the system.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Cartell is unreliable and therefore of very limited value imho

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Motorcheck.ie is what I use. They have a boards.ie account also.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Motorcheck.ie is what I use. They have a boards.ie account also.

Originally Set up by a boards member too

Advertisement