Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I seeing things?

Options
  • 08-05-2018 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hi everyone. So, been ttc for a year now. My period, which is normally every 28/29 days, is currently 4 days late.
    Took a test this morning expecting it to be negative and my period to arrive 5 mins later 🙄
    But I 'think' i can see a faint line making it a positive result??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Definitely see a line!! Congrats you are pregnant :) if you want to be totally convinced the frer pink dye tests are very good!

My first tests on my first pregnancy and my third pregnancy were the squintiest of squinters, even lighter than yours, the result of the first is a 5yr old and I’m 11 weeks pregnant on my third.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Looks good to me! I'd take that as a positive. Congratulations, what wonderful news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Thank you so much!! I think I'm afraid to get too excited just yet. Looks like I'll be picking up another 10 tests on the way home! Eek!!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭effibear

teggers5 wrote: »
    Thank you so much!! I think I'm afraid to get too excited just yet. Looks like I'll be picking up another 10 tests on the way home! Eek!!

Looks like a clear line to me, I’d get a clear blue digital so you see the words as you’ll drive yourself mad looking at lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

+1 on clear blue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Congrats :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

I’d go for a first response next and wait until your period is a couple of days late for the CB digital as they aren’t as sensitive but it looks positive so a tentative congratulations!!

Thanks again everyone!
    I'll try pick up a first response one later. Also the wee I used this morning was pretty well diluted as I had a huge mug of coffee.

So I got a Tesco digital test yesterday evening and I'm definitely pregnant!!
    We are over the moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Congratulations. Definitely see a line on the first test. Good luck!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Congratulations!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Congratulations teggers5 !!

What a very special time for you & baby’s Dad. Soak it up & get ready for your new adventure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Congratulations Teggers5, fantastic! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

teggers5 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. So, been ttc for a year now. My period, which is normally every 28/29 days, is currently 4 days late.
    Took a test this morning expecting it to be negative and my period to arrive 5 mins later ��
    But I 'think' i can see a faint line making it a positive result??

I can see it, so whispering congrats!! I had a very similar experience on my test, and I had to scream for my husband to look at it too & he could see it! Best of luck with your pregnancy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MillygjChh

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Delighted for you

Congrats enjoy the excitement

Thanks so much everyone. Going by my dates I'm 6 weeks today. I'm waiting for appointment with the early pregnancy unit so I'll know for sure then I suppose. Still can't believe It!!

Advertisement