Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop Water from Syphoning from Shower Trap

Options
  • 08-05-2018 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Have been recently having an issue of a sewer smell coming from the shower drain. The shower is connected to into the toilet waste pipe and i think when the toilet is flushed i assume this is syphoning the water from the shower drawing tap.
    My issue is all of there pipes are buried under tiles with no access to them. the only pipe i have access to is the pipe from the toilet before it goes under ground?

Anyone have and suggestions on how i can fix this problem. the only thing i can do for now is removed the cover and put a sink plug in and remove this when using the shower.

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭howdoyouknow

Put a bath plug in the shower when not in use

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kryan1

Put a bath plug in the shower when not in use

Have that done, but looking if there is a fix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

You could try fitting an air admittance valve on the waste from the toilet . Depending on the room you have you might have to have it visable .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

i had this and I placed a T fitting with the top left open before it enters the sewer pipe and it kept the smell from going back up the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭howdoyouknow

kryan1 wrote:
    Have that done, but looking if there is a fix

Is it upstairs toilet or ground floor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kryan1

Is it upstairs toilet or ground floor?

All are ground floor

Advertisement