Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy a pa95 mcconnell hedge cutter to put on my john deere 3640 any suggest

Options
  • 08-05-2018 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Looking to buy a pa95 mcconnell hedge cutter to put on my johndeere 3640 any suggestions or problems with either hedger or tractor would be appreciated as im only starting out hedgecutting. Hedgecutter im looking at is cable controlled fully independent hydraulics 3 point linkage.so fairly straight forward im hoping.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Good view out of the SG2 for hedge cutting. A more modern yoke with a shuttle would be nicer on your left knee, but you have what you have.
    If its 2nd hand, the balance of the rotor is everything.
    A new head with rotor, flails and motor will be anything from 3500 to 5000 euro, so choose carefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hedger 3640

Looked at a pa93 mcconnell today looked and ran in good nick all tight and tidy no rattles or welds head well balanced paint a bit faded but in great nick.any lads expierence with them she is fully independent.so the 3640 would sail along with it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Some were 'HiPower" models, which came with a cast iron pump instead of aluminium.
    They are good farmers machines, for contracting they mightnt have the reach you would need.
    It's nice to have a "cut off " valve so you can stop the rotor without stopping the PTO.
    A reversible rotor is great too, but you probably need to go up to the next range of machines to get that.
    Have you got insurance sorted?
    People are prìcks on the road, no patience, either afraid to pass, or drive across you, blaring the horn at you or even stopping to give out .....

Good job it's an independent hydraulics model. Not all valve blocks can be adapted to run off Deeres Closed Centre hydraulic system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hedger 3640

I want to get a machine sorted first then ill proceed with public liability insurance for hedgecutting.it isnt cheap boys reckon you could pay up to 2grand or more.pa 93 has 5 meter reach which should be enough i hope as alot of flat land down here with not many drains either side and d 3640 is plenty big and heavy for balance weight etc.i prefer fully independent any way as d 3640 have a reputation for hydraulic pump problems if u constantly using them and they get 2 hot so pto option be grand.

Advertisement