Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How big a boiler should I get for five people?

Options
  • 08-05-2018 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

*update, how big a hot water tank (not boiler) should I get

I'm not a builder or a plumber so let me know if this doesn't make sense.

We're putting in an extra bathroom in a house for six people, and I need to figure out what size hot water tank we'll need for it. There are three existing bathrooms, two have showers that are hot water tank fed and one is an electric shower (which is mains fed).

So we'll have three hot water tank fed showers for 5 of us that need to be up and out for 9AM in the morning and I need to figure out if I need a 300L tank for that? Anyone know what size water tank I need?

Then we're then looking at putting in a pump near the hot water tank that will pump water to the showers (one upstairs and two downstairs) rather than putting in pumps behind the showers (which can't suck water down the pipes faster so that would be a waste?).

Edit: I'm looking at 300L indirect unvented cylinders. I'm having a look at Kingspan hot water cylinders, does anyone know the difference between the Range, Copperform, Albion etc. And whether one of them can heat the water both from the electric and the gas?

Advertisement