Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish junior cycle

Options
  • 07-05-2018 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Has anybody got any information as to when the list of literature will be released? It is making choosing an Irish text book very difficult as well as forward planning.

It is getting a bit unrealistic trying to plan for the implementation of this course, where literature forms the core of every learning unit - and we are into the final term of school and no list available to schools yet.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

We are absolutely not worrying about it. Took a department decision not to. The book company we wanted to go with couldn't publish their book, because the government wouldn't tell them what had to be covered, and the literature list hasn't been released.
    So we're just going with the flow, let whatever happens happen. We're all in the same boat! Even the lady running our JCT for Teachers inservice day hadn't a notion. We'll just carry on teaching Irish as normal and when the government decide what we're to teach we'll start then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Snapgal

A mhaighdean!!! Are the Irish depts in every school even getting any money to buy these books so that teachers can even read them. Thinking if we do even get the money the amount of photocopying that will be spent on sharing theses books. I haven't worked in any school yet where special projectors are used to reflect text into whiteboard. I was looking into buying one but they are so expensive!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Snapgal wrote: »
    A mhaighdean!!! Are the Irish depts in every school even getting any money to buy these books so that teachers can even read them. Thinking if we do even get the money the amount of photocopying that will be spent on sharing theses books. I haven't worked in any school yet where special projectors are used to reflect text into whiteboard. I was looking into buying one but they are so expensive!!

Do you mean one of these things?

http://visualisers.ie/home/lumens/

They seem mad pricey considering it's just a camera on a tripod of some type.
    I wonder could you plug a mobile phone into your laptop via usb and transmit that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Do you mean one of these things?

http://visualisers.ie/home/lumens/

They seem mad pricey considering it's just a camera on a tripod of some type.
    I wonder could you plug a mobile phone into your laptop via usb and transmit that way.

I have a projector aimed at my whiteboard. Bought my own apple tv so my macbook and ipad can be wirelessly projected to the whiteboard. And the students ipads. (And I already had the macbook/ipad, this is obviously an expensive solution if you are not already working on apple!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement