Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC, ITV and Channel 4 in talks to create UK streaming service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭decor58

Soarer wrote:
    I personally like to type in the number of the channels I want to watch, so adding 100 for the +1 variant is a logical step. But i find myself using the submenus a lot more as time passes.

Similar talks between French, German And Italian broadcasters to address the threat from streaming services.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I highly doubt you will see it here in Rep of Ireland and if you do it will have a subscription charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Would we ever see a cross cross RTE, 3 and TG4 steeming service

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Would we ever see a cross cross RTE, 3 and TG4 steeming service

Unlikely that Virgin would agree to such a streaming service in Ireland.

3 are a mobile phone company, don't think they will be moving into TV ;)

Also the English broadcasters have been talking about this for years, I think it was once called Boomerang or something (Kangaroo, according to the article!).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

News today that the above 3 broadcasters are pushing a big investment into Freeview to counter streaming services.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bbc-itv-channel-4-invest-165m-britains-freeview-rise-netflix-amazon-1118941

It is funny as Freesat (bbc and itv) seem to be already ahead with this venture offering paid streaming apps like Netflix and Rakuten while also been able to use catchup of linear tv.

I wonder could this new agreement see C4HD and the All4 player return to Freesat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

sugarman wrote: »
    Potentially bad news for us all round, while we don't have access to the content on BBC or ITV players we could lose All4 ...and on top of that, you'd imagine they will be removing their content from Netflix also.

They may have no choice but to make their product available to Netflix at the market rate due to competition rules.

Netflix have been giving out about the BBC putting a hold on their children's programmes (CBEEBIES etc) being made available to the open market as Netflix know there is huge demand for BBC's children's productions.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Looks like a 125m deal has been reached with FreeView

Advertisement