Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need plumber in cork city to unblock shower drain

Options
  • 07-05-2018 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Tried chemical, snake ,hot water ,plunger but no joy. It's connected to sink in bathroom but sink is draining ok. Be pretty smelly in few days if not sorted !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

seefin wrote:
    Tried chemical, snake ,hot water ,plunger but no joy. It's connected to sink in bathroom but sink is draining ok. Be pretty smelly in few days if not sorted !!

If connected to the sink you need to get someone to block the sink & overflow as you use plunger on the shower. Not sure if you tried this but plunger won't work otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Sleeper12 wrote:
    If connected to the sink you need to get someone to block the sink & overflow as you use plunger on the shower. Not sure if you tried this but plunger won't work otherwise

We put plug in sink when used plunger on shower-is this what you mean?
    I put taps on full in the sink and water comes gurgling out of the shower drain so flows that way . Has always done this which when I think about it , shouldn't happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

seefin wrote: »
    We put plug in sink when used plunger on shower-is this what you mean?
    I put taps on full in the sink and water comes gurgling out of the shower drain so flows that way . Has always done this which when I think about it , shouldn't happen!

Putting the plug in isn't enough on its own , use a wet cloth to block the overflow on the sink also then plunge the shower again and report back , you may need a second person holding the wet cloth into the sink overflow

Advertisement