Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 way fridge repair

Options
  • 07-05-2018 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭

I’ve a Thetford N3100 3-way fridge in a mobile home. Came down this weekend, and it won’t start on gas. No flow and no spark. All other gas appliances are running fine (cooker, heater and geyser). The control panel is running off 12v, and that’s working fine. I’ve temporarily been able to run the fridge off 230v, and that’s working, but I won’t be able to do that for the summer.

Does anyone know of anyone that fixes these things? I bought it from Charles Camping 5 years ago, but they don’t seem to do Thetford fridges any more. I’ll give them and Thetford a call tomorrow, but was wondering who people use to repair these things. As it’s sealed into the mobile, it’s gonna by to be a bit tricky to bring to someone, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Hello Phutyle,
    Its possible that your gas lines are clogged in the fridge .An old trick that has been mentioned on here before and I have successfully used is to remove the fridge , disconnecting all gas , electric and 240v. Turn the fridge upside down and leave it for 24 hours. Replace your fridge , getting gas connection professionally tested of course and it just might work . I did this about 5 years ago on one of our Thetford fridges in our hire vehicles and it worked perfectly afterwards.

Advertisement