Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speeding lasers

Options
  • 07-05-2018 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi there!

I was joining the link in Cork from the Rochestown Road today at the area that’s a 60kmp. I was struggling to get in lane and so took it up to 70 to get in. I then noticed a Garda with a speed-gun. She waived a car (two) behind me over but not me. I just wondered if the speed gun requires that you’re pulled over to be done for speeding or whether it can also be automatic. Just to mention this was a Garda with a hand laser, not a tripod or van. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

No you’re safe. If you weren’t pulled over you’re grand.

Had it have been a can instead of a handheld spees gun, it would be a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Before this gets wildly out of hand, as these topics often do, and as ION08 said, you're absolutely in the clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

ironclaw wrote: »
    Before this gets wildly out of hand, as these topics often do, and as ION08 said, you're absolutely in the clear.

Haha, ain’t that the truth! :D

Quick OP get outta here while you still can!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Hi there!

I was joining the link in Cork from the Rochestown Road today at the area that’s a 60kmp. I was struggling to get in lane and so took it up to 70 to get in. I then noticed a Garda with a speed-gun. She waived a car (two) behind me over but not me. I just wondered if the speed gun requires that you’re pulled over to be done for speeding or whether it can also be automatic. Just to mention this was a Garda with a hand laser, not a tripod or van. Thanks

South Ring Road , the South Link, is the rd., from the Kinsale Rd Roundabout to the city Centre.

FYI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

mikeecho wrote: »
    South Ring Road , the South Link, is the rd., from the Kinsale Rd Roundabout to the city Centre.

FYI

Yeah, nobody really cared where it was anyway and your correction further added little of interest.

FYI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Yeah, nobody really cared where it was anyway and your correction further added little of interest.

FYI

Thanks for that , your comment added a lot to this thread.

and Unfollow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

ION08 wrote: »
    No you’re safe. If you weren’t pulled over you’re grand.

Had it have been a can instead of a handheld spees gun, it would be a different story.
    ironclaw wrote: »

Does that include if there's 2 of em? (Gardai)

Passed one yesterday with one holding the speed gun and the other looking like they were taking notes as cars approached.

Advertisement