Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards AMA Week 3 - Insect Overlord

Options
  • 07-05-2018 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

The PW Boards AMA train rolls on, and this week, hailing from Parts Unknown, we've got the incomparable Insect Overlord.

Many thanks to last week's subject, Necrominus for his answers. Now, on with the questions!

If money was no object, what would be the first thing you'd buy?

Who, in your opinion, were/are the greatest tag team?

Stranded on a desert island, you can bring on album,one book, and one movie. What do you bring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm just posting to bump this

Have we tired of the concept already?

Daniel-Bryan-Angry-Eye-Roll.gif?fit=264%2C309&ssl=1

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sorry Gerry, meant to give this a kick-start last night!

I've been a bit busy editing a manuscript.
    gerrybbadd wrote: »
    If money was no object, what would be the first thing you'd buy?

I'd love to have a dedicated music space, sound-proofed, big enough for a band to rehearse in.
    Who, in your opinion, were/are the greatest tag team?

Definitely the GymNasties. :cool: Squat!

I grew up watching the likes of Edge & Christian, the APA, the Dudleys, Too Cool, the New Age Outlaws, the Brothers of Destruction, but my favourites have always been the Hardy Boyz. The entrance music (Jeff still uses it), the work with Lita, the insane ladder matches and top-rope spots, they were pure magic. The fact that they're brothers was pretty cool when I was watching WWF with my own brother when we were kids.
    Stranded on a desert island, you can bring on album,one book, and one movie. What do you bring?

I'll cheat here and say Lord of The Rings for the book. :P Six epic parts, roller-coaster of emotion and action, can't go wrong.

Dark Side of the Moon for the album. I don't know if I could ever choose one movie, but if there was a gun to my head I'd go with something by Wes Anderson (probably The Darjeeling Limited or The Grand Budapest Hotel). :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Smackdown, Raw, NXT which one do you burn to the ground, push to the moon, or leave as is

Favorite WWE Champion

Most underrated wrestler past and present (In your opinion)

Favorite heel

Favorite face

what wrestling trope that has faded away or been dropped would you bring back

Wrestling ability or Mic ability?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Do you in fact Overlord over Insects if so what are your favorite and least favorite insect

Do you enjoy beeing (see what i did there) a mod on boards and how did it come about

If you had to give Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns real life jobs what do you think they'd excel in ? Imagine brock working at Turas Nua or something like that

4. what got you into Wrestling , Other favorite sports ?

5. Gimmick you would use if you were a wrestler

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

If you could insert a retired/deceased wrestler into the current roster who would it be, why , and what creative would you use?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Austin or Goldberg?
    nWo or Dx?
    Starcade or Maina?
    Evil Vince or Evil Bischoff?
    Nwa tna or impact tna?
    Sting or Taker?

1 non WWE performer you’d sign if head of talent, and why?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sorry lads, I let myself get overwhelmed by another project this week! I should have waited until another occasion.

But anyway, onwards and upwards!
    Smackdown, Raw, NXT which one do you burn to the ground, push to the moon, or leave as is

Favorite WWE Champion

Most underrated wrestler past and present (In your opinion)

Favorite heel

Favorite face

what wrestling trope that has faded away or been dropped would you bring back

Wrestling ability or Mic ability?

NXT is the obvious answer, isn't it? They just keep delivering great characters, great feuds, great matches, incredible TakeOver specials. Ironically, RAW felt better when its theme tune was literally "Burn it to the ground!" Who would've thought that Nickleback would help make wrestling feel great? Smackdown has all the ingredients now to be top class, but it's hard to get optimistic when Road Dogg is in charge and the camera angle changes 15 times in 10 seconds.

Favourite champ of all time has to be Stone Cold. I had no idea when I was a kid that I was living through an absolute golden era (Austin, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Kane, Mick Foley, Kurt Angle, etc) and assumed wrestling had always been that good and always would be. But there really has been nobody to compare to Austin since then.

As a long-time reader of this forum, I must say I find it hard to think of under-rated wrestlers. The posters here are extremely knowledgeable so most of the time the talented wrestlers get lauded appropriately on here (even if they aren't booked properly on TV). That said, I think it's a bit of a shame that Goldust hasn't achieved more in terms of championships. He's probably happy to be putting over the next generation now, but he's been in great shape the last few years and always seems to put on very smooth matches.

Umaga was an awesome heel. These days? "The Lord of the Manor" Paul Tracey is brilliant at what he does, even Tweeting in character. Pete Dunne comes across as a real bastard too, in fairness to him.

In terms of current faces, I'm a big fan of Seth Rollins. Just watch him on RAW the other week in Canada. Pure class.

I would have said that back-stage interviews/pre-recorded promos should be used more, but then, y'know, Bobby Lashley... :pac:

Last question's a good one, a tough one, but I'll go with wrestling ability. Everything is too tightly scripted on the microphone anyway. A guy with poor English or an unfortunate accent can still put on a good match.

Do you in fact Overlord over Insects if so what are your favorite and least favorite insect

Do you enjoy beeing (see what i did there) a mod on boards and how did it come about

If you had to give Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns real life jobs what do you think they'd excel in ? Imagine brock working at Turas Nua or something like that

4. what got you into Wrestling , Other favorite sports ?

5. Gimmick you would use if you were a wrestler

I trapped a butterfly in a glass one time! :D Dragonflies are also great. Least favourite: midges. Little biting feckers.

Very clever. :pac: I used to enjoy modding a lot, back when I started out. I got the Clearasil & Hormones forum first after a mini-exodus of mods in 2009 (ancient history, don't ask!) and it was easily the best spell I ever enjoyed on the internet. I got the Midwest region after that, mostly dealing with Limerick City stuff. Again, there was something of a golden generation of posters around at the time who made it all great fun. Alas, all good things come to an end... The two Irish language forums are extremely quiet so there's no stress involved in modding those.

Does rugby count as a job? Stick Reigns and Lesnar into the Munster pack and see how they get on. :D

I think I just found wrestling by accident. We used to have hurling training early on Saturday mornings in the local GAA club, and by the time we got home Sky One would be showing Livewire/Superstars/Heat. It was only years later that I realised they never showed any Bret Hart matches on the Saturday morning shows. We figured out how to set the tape recorder to long-play mode when Sky Sports started doing the PPVs and for a few years it was common for lads to share them in the classroom at school.

Other favourite sports - (to play) soccer and Gaelic football and running; (to watch) hurling and rugby, but partial to a bit of cricket too.

I once dreamt up a gimmick called the Blue Demon. Imagine a cross between Jushin Liger and late 1990s masked Kane (but obviously in blue instead of red). Alas, there was already a lucha legend with that name! Back to the drawing board I go...

Sirsok wrote: »
    If you could insert a retired/deceased wrestler into the current roster who would it be, why , and what creative would you use?

This deserves a much longer answer, but I'm pressed for time so I'll come back to it later.

My first thought was Jake 'the Snake' Roberts, reason being that I never got to see him in his prime. Get him to properly mind-f*ck Brock Lesnar and scare Roman Reigns away from the title scene.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Austin or Goldberg?
    nWo or Dx?
    Starcade or Maina?
    Evil Vince or Evil Bischoff?
    Nwa tna or impact tna?
    Sting or Taker?

1 non WWE performer you’d sign if head of talent, and why?

I knew it would have to happen eventually, but, eh, yeah. This is the part where I reveal I've really only ever been exposed to WWF/WWE. :o I've only seen little bits of WCW and TNA over the years.

Therefore,

Austin.
    D-X
    Mania
    Evil Bischoff (I'm kinda bored of Vince after all these years)
    NWA TNA
    Undertaker

Session Moth Martina would be a fascinating addition to the Women's scene, but I don't know if her gimmick would translate across the Atlantic.

Marty Scurrl could be tremendous as well, I reckon.

• Advertisement

Well folks, any further questions? :)

Advertisement