Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holles st overdue policy?

Options
  • 07-05-2018 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Currently 41 weeks pregnant and would prefer to go into labour naturally and not be induced. Have another appointment in Holles st on Wednesday where no doubt a 'plan' will be put in place. (I'm going semi private and consultant mentioned a plan at the next appointment but didn't say what).

Just wondering if anyone else was allowed go to 42 weeks pregnant before there was any intervention? Everything with baby seems fine. Movements ok and fluid ok. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Had a friend who went 16 days over because of a weekend and everything was fine. I think usually its two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Blingy wrote: »
    Currently 41 weeks pregnant and would prefer to go into labour naturally and not be induced. Have another appointment in Holles st on Wednesday where no doubt a 'plan' will be put in place. (I'm going semi private and consultant mentioned a plan at the next appointment but didn't say what).

Just wondering if anyone else was allowed go to 42 weeks pregnant before there was any intervention? Everything with baby seems fine. Movements ok and fluid ok. Thanks.

I went to 42 weeks on both my daughters in Holles Street. Missed induction by hours. They finally came on their own steam on the night before the 14th day and the morning of the 14th. Not so much as a sweep or any other form of intervention offered to me in the days/weeks beforehand which given out it turned out for me I’m happy about.

Holles Street induction schedule while longer than the other Dublin hospitals really give you the best chance of going yourself. In my experience things can change so quickly so hang on in there. It’s no consolation when you’re overdue and surely miserable, you have my full sympathies there!! The best of luck!

ETA: on the public system anyway the plan is to bring you in on the 12th day overdue for a scan to make sure all looks good and then an induction is scheduled for the 14th day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

This is great. Thank you. I am doing grand so don't really want to be induced. Was just wondering would they actually let me go 14 days over and it seems that they will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Blingy wrote: »
    This is great. Thank you. I am doing grand so don't really want to be induced. Was just wondering would they actually let me go 14 days over and it seems that they will :)

Oh they will surely if all looks good! A friend of mine breeds stubborn babies it seems and has been induced at 14 days and 15 days in HS. Best of lucky Blingy, you’re almost there :)

Digs wrote: »
    Oh they will surely if all looks good! A friend of mine breeds stubborn babies it seems and has been induced at 14 days and 15 days in HS. Best of lucky Blingy, you’re almost there :)

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,327 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hold your ground and go by your plan do not be bullied yet going by their schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Yep, 14 days, unless the scan at 12 days reveals issues.

Fair play to you. When I was 41 weeks I was desperate to have the baby and actually did end up being induced due to reduced movements... gratefully!

ted1 wrote: »
    Hold your ground and go by your plan do not be bullied yet going by their schedule.

This is what I'm afraid of. Consultant was talking about all sorts of interventions and every reason was very OTT in my mind.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I am 40+5 blingy but in rotunda.Consultant mentioned a "plan b" too last week....to be honest I am desperate to just get it out at this point so I'm going to ask them to do a sweep tomorrow.(much as I hate it).To be fair to my consultant, she is being very led by me....I had a short birth plan chat with her a few weeks ago and I can actually see she is really taking it on board.I have signs of movement internally with cramping, contractions etc, and it drives me crazy to be pacing the floors every night but making no progress.Last time round I had a sweep at 41 weeks too (my request) and she still didn't appear til 8 days later, and it was literally the morning I was booked for an induction.But it's your body, hang on til you are ready to make the decision as to what to do.

shesty wrote: »
    I am 40+5 blingy but in rotunda.Consultant mentioned a "plan b" too last week....to be honest I am desperate to just get it out at this point so I'm going to ask them to do a sweep tomorrow.(much as I hate it).To be fair to my consultant, she is being very led by me....I had a short birth plan chat with her a few weeks ago and I can actually see she is really taking it on board.I have signs of movement internally with cramping, contractions etc, and it drives me crazy to be pacing the floors every night but making no progress.Last time round I had a sweep at 41 weeks too (my request) and she still didn't appear til 8 days later, and it was literally the morning I was booked for an induction.But it's your body, hang on til you are ready to make the decision as to what to do.

Sounds like you are having loads of progress fingers crossed he sweep works for you. My baba I think is either stubborn or just too comfy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement