Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15 working days renewal notice

Options
  • 07-05-2018 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Bit of a technicality but in the current legislation insurance companies are required to give at least 15 working days notice for renewal.

Question is should you actually HAVE the renewal by the 15 days or do they just issue it with 15 days to go and so you get it maybe 1-2 days later.

In my case insurance up 23:59 on May 26th. By my reckoning last Friday should have been the last day to get the renewal but got an email Sun morning to say it was being issued, in the online portal I can now see the renewal amount etc.

Not a bit deal just annoys me they leave it to the very last second and I think technically they are in breach of the legislation.

Am I just being awkward :-) I think their system is probably set to send renewals 3 weeks before date but they don’t take account of the bank holiday which won’t count as a working day I believe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Seriously, this is a non-issue.

If you're that bothered about it, can't you just give them a call and ask for a renewal quote over the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

coylemj wrote: »
    Seriously, this is a non-issue.

If you're that bothered about it, can't you just give them a call and ask for a renewal quote over the phone?

So I don’t agree it’s a ‘non-issue’, I do agree it’s not a big deal - and I said so above - but there is a reason that legislation was brought in.

I believe insurance should be complying with it and not pushing it to the very last minute or day in sending out the info. We shouldn’t have to chase them them or ring them to ask for it, that is the whole point of the legislation.

Advertisement