Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Sim only plan?

Options
  • 06-05-2018 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Have 1 phone out of contract, soon to be 2 and am looking to reduce bills. Whats the cheapest sim only plan out there. Ideally unlimited data, dont use many minutes or texts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

clio_16v wrote: »
    Have 1 phone out of contract, soon to be 2 and am looking to reduce bills. Whats the cheapest sim only plan out there. Ideally unlimited data, dont use many minutes or texts

Reckon 3, unlimited data e20,but I'm with VF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Anyone know best plan for calls only?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Anything cheaper out there than 20 per month.
    Looking for data only.
    Anything for around €10

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

What about Lycamobile? I have no connection, and am not with them so cant speak about how good/bad they may be, but they look cheap.

For the Data bundle, https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle?id=DBL

For the Calls, texts, data bundled together, https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle?id=NT

• Registered Users Posts: 23,609 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Cheapest I've seen is Lyca - unlimited calls and 15gb and then 25gb
    for €7.50pm
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106007365&postcount=1424

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

zell12 wrote: »
    for €7.50pm

Is Lyca 4g?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Is Lyca 4g?

No. It's dreadful, the hind tit of the already overstretched 3 network.

for €7.50pm

But there are no texts in this bundle, might suit those on viber, whatsapp etc.. However, I was just looking at this offer now and it says in the small print that you cannot use your 15 euros credit to buy additional products (bundles, roaming services), does that mean you cannot use it to buy the 15 euros bundle the following month?

But there are no texts in this bundle, might suit those on viber, whatsapp etc.. However, I was just looking at this offer now and it says in the small print that you cannot use your 15 euros credit to buy additional products (bundles, roaming services), does that mean you cannot use it to buy the 15 euros bundle the following month?
    ??
    Link

• Advertisement

Eh no.
    That's the free credit you get when you port (€2) or top-up (10%)

Eh no.
    That's the free credit you get when you port (€2) or top-up (10%)

That link I posted doesn't say anything about porting or 10% topup. It says how if you top up by 15 or 20 euros, you get free calls, certain free internet data depending on top up.

Here it is

That link I posted doesn't say anything about porting or 10% topup. It says how if you top up by 15 or 20 euros, you get free calls, certain free internet data depending on top up.

Why don't you try them and see if I'm right?
    Been using them from over a year with the €7.50pm deal.
    What they mean by free credit is the top-up extra offer or the porting offer

• Registered Users Posts: 41 OsZa

You could look at 48 months top up offers. I think for 10 euro they have best deal in Ireland. I still have to try them myself, because at the moment I am swithing between Vodafone and Postmobile for a free month on PAYG untill this well runs out 😀

Why don't you try them and see if I'm right?
    Been using them from over a year with the €7.50pm deal.
    What they mean by free credit is the top-up extra offer or the porting offer

I hope you are, and I appreciate the info about the product. I am in the last 2 weeks of my current deal and am planning touse them.

Sp, at 7.50 a month, how many minutes/texts/data would I get if I did it your way? Thanks

I hope you are, and I appreciate the info about the product. I am in the last 2 weeks of my current deal and am planning touse them.
    Sp, at 7.50 a month, how many minutes/texts/data would I get if I did it your way? Thanks
    month1 Top up €15 - Unlimited minutes, 0 texts, 15gb data, keep €15.
    month2 Use €15 to buy bundle - Unlimited minutes, 0 texts, 25gb data
    month3 - repeat

month1 Top up €15 - Unlimited minutes, 0 texts, 15gb data, keep €15.
    month2 Use €15 to buy bundle - Unlimited minutes, 0 texts, 25gb data
    month3 - repeat

Would Month 2 not have unlimited texts, or am I looking at the wrong 15euros bundle?

Also, does anyone know if lycamobile have an app/website where you can send some webtext for free, outside of the bundle numbers?

Would Month 2 not have unlimited texts, or am I looking at the wrong 15euros bundle?
    Also, does anyone know if lycamobile have an app/website where you can send some webtext for free, outside of the bundle numbers?
    Yes t'would have free texts.
    No.

Advertisement