Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Razer Phone

Options
  • 06-05-2018 11:23am
    Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭

Anyone got the Razer phone?

How have you found it longterm?

What's outdoor screen brightness like?

Read lots of reviews complaining of the camera, has this improved with updates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Anyone got the Razer phone?

How have you found it longterm?

What's outdoor screen brightness like?

Read lots of reviews complaining of the camera, has this improved with updates?

Few on adverts for months not selling,too dear,re entered several times,so I guess ppl don't think too much of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Its primarily a gaming phone. Since you haven't mentioned any of these features I would suggest its probably not what you are looking for.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Yeah, I game on PC. Never use mobiles since the games are ****e in comparison.

It seems to be good for general purpose multimedia, but has a bad camera.

I'm due an upgrade and it's one of the free options, maybe they're struggling to sell them?

Its niche product. Key features for any premium phone are the screen outdoor visibility and the camera. Maybe they felt hard gamer wouldn't be that bothered.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If the camera is anything like the Nextbit Robin, which was the phone this was based on, it's pants and no amount of updates will fix it.

• Advertisement

I haven't read too much into the actual camera sensor, but assuming it's a reasonable sensor, you could just install a modded Google camera APK with HDR+ to squeeze as much as possible out of the hardware.

I think the point is that unless you really want the gaming features, there are more suitable phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭biebiebie

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I was considering it due to the massive battery, 120hz screen and ridiculously loud speakers. But was put off by the actual size, very dim screen, rubbish camera and my biggest gripe, no headphone jack. Especially on a phone that size. Picked up an LG v30 plus and I couldn't be happier.

As a matter of interest, where did you buy your LG V30?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,225 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Bought it off a polish lad I know. He had it 3 days before he got an s9 plus in work. Definitely recommend the v30 to anyone, especially if you care about audio quality and battery life.

I'm actually enjoying the Razer phone. Battery is amazing. Camera is ok, but nothing special. Sound is aweseome. But the screen can be bit darker and overall ita a big clunky phone.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭BurnUp78

I'm actually enjoying the Razer phone. Battery is amazing. Camera is ok, but nothing special. Sound is aweseome. But the screen can be bit darker and overall ita a big clunky phone.

Any news on the Razer phone 2? If they keep the 120 hz refresh rate, amazing speakers and big battery and add a better camera and better/brighter screen then it would probably take some beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,225 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Any news on the Razer phone 2? If they keep the 120 hz refresh rate, amazing speakers and big battery and add a better camera and better/brighter screen then it would probably take some beating.

Haven't heard anything since. It does seem silly they sacrificed the camera for no apparent reason. Although I am finding it easier to see the screen on this than my HTC One and S8 when in the sun. Just the screen seems more dull in normal use.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The Razer Phone can be bought on the site for $399 (€344) using code WOOHOO at the minute (Delivery only to U.S.).
    https://www.razer.com/mobile/razer-phone/shop

By my calculations that works out at €460 (rounded up) delivered to Ireland using Address Pal.
    Obviously if you know somebody over there it could work out a lot cheaper but €460 delivered definitely has me thinking.
    The cheapest I have seen it at a quick glance on this side of the Atlantic is €660, so roughly €200 cheaper.

Addresspal standard €16 delivery - https://addresspal.anpost.ie/
    Net Price (Without VAT) is €360 (phone + shipping) - https://www.calculatevat.net/index.php
    Total Price (VAT included) is €442.80 (rounded up to €445)

Address Pal postage and customs - https://addresspal.anpost.ie/pricing-sizing
    A fee of 1% of the value, with a minimum charge of €10 per packet and parcel, is charged by An Post for customs clearance of parcels imported from countries outside the European Union. This fee is in addition to any duty or VAT payable. Items coming from destinations outside the EU may be subject to delay due to customs examination.

€445 + 1% + €10 = Total €460ish

Advertisement