Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1000 Guineas, Newmarket

Options
  • 06-05-2018 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭

My guess at the finishing order

1 Happily
    2 Laurens
    3 Liquid Amber
    4 Anna Nerium
    5 Wild Illusion
    6 Soliloquy
    7 Dan's Dream
    8 Madeline
    9 Altyn Orda
    10 Billesdon Brook
    11 Sizzling
    12 I Can Fly
    13 Sarrocchi
    14 Vitamin
    15 Worship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Will chance Sizzling each way at 40s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

I love Happily but her Breeders Cup run leaves a niggling doubt about her wellbeing. It's a very tricky race.

Happily looks very well in the paddock, she's a fine size and moving very well but she looks unbelievably relaxed.

Team Ballydoyle seem to have huge belief in I Can Fly who looks to be fit as a flea.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭uxiant

Anna Nerium worth a bet at 28 on the exchanges. Dubawi, full sister of an unbeaten Group 3 winner and should relish the stiffer test today. Profiles like a horse with a fair bit more to offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Great race I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

It was a great result for racing imo.
    You need a bit of variety.

The dam of the winner was only rated 82, but the third dam of Billesdon Brook is a name I know.
    The third dam is Anna Paola, German Oaks winner, and also third dam of Australian sire Epaulette, standing at Kildangan Stud, Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Won like a class animal. Very impressive.

Won like a class animal. Very impressive.
    Agree.
    She didn't get an easy lead, and the big names didn't have hard luck stories.
    The winner went by them and the others didn't have her pace.

diomed wrote: »
    Agree.
    She didn't get an easy lead, and the big names didn't have hard luck stories.
    The winner went by them and the others didn't have her pace.

She won like a very aggressive animal, she was still eyeballing after the racd. I'm doubtful if she'll ever be in that frame of mind again.

• Advertisement

If you Google Billesdon Brook and Betfair you will read about the time she traded at 1000 on Betfair last August in a race at Goodwood.

"Held up in midfield, looking for room and barging match over 2f out, not clear run until switched left and in the clear 1f out but still lots to do, ridden hands and heels and headway inside final furlong, strong burst final 100yds, led last strides (op 4/1).

diomed wrote: »
    If you Google Billesdon Brook and Betfair you will read about the time she traded at 1000 on Betfair last August in a race at Goodwood.

"Held up in midfield, looking for room and barging match over 2f out, not clear run until switched left and in the clear 1f out but still lots to do, ridden hands and heels and headway inside final furlong, strong burst final 100yds, led last strides (op 4/1).

That's fascinating, but she was favourite that day and competing at her own level. Yesterday she was running off an OR of 99 ( her best OR in 9 previous races being 100 ).

Improving 14lbs+ in a single bound while being well exposed previously is just baffling.

Do the Champs Elysees improve hugely at 3?

On breeding (DI 1.00 ) she should improve for a step up in trip. Her dam Coplow DI 0.60 had bundles of stamina and ended running over 1m5f as a 3yo despite having the pace at 2 to finish 2nd to Starscope in a maiden. Starscope went on to finish a 9L second to Homecoming Queen in another shock 1,000 Guineas result where the favourite Maybe ( the dam of 2,000 Guineas winner Saxon Warrior ) finished 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Just look at the filly that was third,OMG.

The filly in 3rd[1k Guineas] is the winner of the Oaks in a serious way.That was a top top run in mop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

None of her siblings got the trip

That is not correct based on the sire and his influence on stamina on good ground .this imo is a staggering good filly that needs a distance.[SHE IS TOP CLASS].

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

It is correct based on the fact her none of her full brothers and sisters stayed the trip. She is absolutely a very good filly but her breeding clearly says she'll be best At 8-10f.

Advertisement