Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Uk import spot clocking?

Options
  • 05-05-2018 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This will probably sound Naive...but anyway..

I was looking at a Volvo S60 today with a small Dublin Dealer, good price and all that but uk imported (still yellow reg) and I think most of the cars are uk imported.

There are a few cars on the dealers website with similar mileage (small garage), 35k ish mark, not implying anything there, but 3 cars with 35k & change out of about 12 cars. Car has service history and cartel report (i intend to check both myself anyway)

Is there anyway to spot 100% a clocked car, is there any company in Ireland that can check? I was reading something about some of the electronic modules being checked and if the clocker has overlooked them, etc.

Too good to be true kind of thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You can check UK MOT history for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Always worth googling the UK reg as well.

As most of these go through auctions you'll often get a hit from the auction listing with the mileage on, and condition if you are lucky.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Key takeaway from the above two posts, if the dealer is selling imported cars but won’t disclose the uk reg then walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,179 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You get the UK reg and do a history check on it. You ring the UK garages that stamped the service book and confirm what they did matches that in the service book. If you get a story about the service book being missing then walk away as I've yet to see a legit UK car not have a proper documented service history.

Advertisement