Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condensing Gas Boiler Quote

Options
  • 05-05-2018 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All, I just got this quote to remove existing back boiler and replace with a new one that will need to be relocate. I am wondering what you think about it? I honestly have no idea about this topic so appreciate any help you can offer!Thanks in advance!

Install High Efficiency Gas Boiler Heating Controls to SEAI Standards
    1. Disconnect and Remove Existing Gas Back Boiler and Fire
    2. Disconnect and Remove Existing Gas Fire in Front Room
    3. Supply and Fit 18kw Intergas Condensing Gas Boiler
    4. Relocate Boiler Position to Under Stairs
    5. Manga Cleanse System to Remove Dirt
    6. Supply and Fit 2-Motorised Control Valves
    7. Supply and Fit 2 Zone Digital Timer
    8. Supply and Fit Ember Smart Zone App
    9. Supply and Fit 5 Thermostatic Radiator Valves (TRVs)
    10. Supply and Fit Wall Thermostat
    11. Supply and Fit Carbon Monoxide Alarm
    12. Supply and Fit Magna Clean Filter
    13. Supply and Fit Stainless-Steel Factory Insulated Hot Water Cylinder
    14. Supply and Fit Thermostat to Hot Water Cylinder
    15. Fill System with Inhibitor to Protect Internal Pipe work
    16. Connect to Gas Supply and Fire System
    17. Balance Radiators
    18. Complete BER Certificate
    19. 5 Year Boiler Guarantee (Subject to boiler being serviced annually)
    20. Commission and Certify System

21. Cost of Installation €5,050.00
    22. Energia Customer Carbon Credits Discount €800.00
    23. Total Amount Payable €4,250.00
    24. SEAI Grant €750.00
    25. Total Amount Payable €3,500.00

Comments

I’m not a big fan of how my industry has gone with some large companies looking to make a profit by getting between a tradesman and their customer because it becomes purely a profit making exercise with the worker getting a small cut of the money paid leading to the installer at times taking less ownership and showing little interest because they are now under pressure to do much more volume of work to make up the money they’ve lost.

The plus side you get much more accountability with big firms.

Once found a good local engineer can at times do a better job than the large companies for numerous reasons and you have no middle man but there is a risk, you may find you have less accountability after the install if you get a bad installer as the gas industry is not policed allowing cowboys to get away with murder.

I’d get a few quotes so you get a better feel for the price, I’d ask local plumbing merchants and boiler manufacturers for who they feel are good RGIs (they’d know who to stay away from usually) you need to take in to account aftercare because when you change the characteristics of a heating system l8ke this it can take a bit of fine tuning after installation.

Advertisement