Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breech at 37 weeks

Options
  • 05-05-2018 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

My little one has been breech all along, he hasn’t never flipped head down. I had an an ECV which failed last week. I just saw a chiropractor but although it did seem to help my pelvis pain I’m afraid I may have left it too late too help with the breech issue.
    Any success stories or tips regarding turning a breech at this late stage? I’m reluctantly booked in for the section already

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

Both my pregnancies were like this - on my first, she was breech right up until 39 weeks and flipped herself then 2 days before my due date. My second was a bit different, he was an unstable lie which meant he switched positions almost hourly! 90% of the time was sideways though. Again, 39 weeks went head down and the doctor did a controlled breaking of my waters which made hin stay head down, had a normal delivery after that.
    So, if yours is anything like mine, you still have loads of time for them to turn themselves :)
    I didn't really do anything by way of exercises or anything to encourage them to turn but I've heard the spinning babies website is meant to be good for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Reflexology and acupuncture are meant to be good to help too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Don't do anything wacky like spinning babies or those homeopathic things like moxibustion. It won't work. Waste of money. My first didn't turn, she was never going to. My second did, didn't do a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Given that spinning babies is free, and a website, it’s cant do any harm. There’s a few positions on the website that you can hang out in to encourage baby to turn. I’ve known one or two people that adopted the spinning babies positions and had baby turn, but probably a bit earlier than yours.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Thanks for the replies. I’m trying spinning babies too.
    I had an awful first labour so I should be happy
    I suppose but I just feel like a section is a let down, like I’ll be scarred, Have a long healing time, and not experience what I hoped
    Would be an easier second birth!!
    Both my pregnancies were like this - on my first, she was breech right up until 39 weeks and flipped herself then 2 days before my due date. L% of the time was sideways though.

How did this work- I’m booked in for a section at 39’weeks, how come they left you until your DD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I’m trying spinning babies too.
    I had an awful first labour so I should be happy
    I suppose but I just feel like a section is a let down, like I’ll be scarred, Have a long healing time, and not experience what I hoped
    Would be an easier second birth!!

How did this work- I’m booked in for a section at 39’weeks, how come they left you until your DD?

I'm honestly not 100% sure, it was never mentioned at the time to me. I was in the Rotunda for both pregnancies, not sure if that's their policy? For this second pregnancy they admitted me at 37 weeks for the risks associated with unstable lie but said if I didn't want a section they would be happy to let me go to 10 days past my due date to give him the max amount of time to go head down himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

My baby was breech too for most of the pregnancy. She never turned, we did an ECV and tried all the alternative remedies too - accupuncture, "smoking toes", lying upside down, all sorts of nonsense. I'd a fairly large fibroid that I think prevented her from turning at the later stages as it was at the top between her head and feet and her bum was down at my pelvis. We hadn't decided what we'd opt for or request with regard to her birth, but I ended up going into labour 3 weeks early and was fully dilated by the time we got to hopsital. We were lucky enough the consultant was ok with breech delivery and she was born naturally. When I saw her little antenna legs as my family called them, I could tell there was no hope of her ever turning.
    Whatever happens, hope it works out for you. I know that for some where the breech baby had legs bent, the ECV worked or baby flipped themselves closer to delivery. Never know... In my case it worked out ok in the end anyway and she's a healthy happy toddler now with perfectly good legs and hips, despite the breech.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Thanks all. I wasn’t given the choice of a breech birth but I wouldn’t take it anyway- I had a ventouse etc on my First when he head was stuck so don’t want a second stuck head!! Also my consultant hasn’t really discussed it but my own googling suggests my baby is a footling breech which isn’t ideal. Glad I’m fairly close to holles street anyway.
    I have my second Webster thing tonight and at the very least my pelvis has been feeling great, I had no idea the pain getting up from sitting wasn’t normal pregnancy, since I saw her that vanished, so it’s worth it for that. Although I’d love to tell my consultant (who told me nothing works, and have no advice re spinning babies) that a chiropractor helped turn baby when he couldn’t lol

Advertisement