Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4th time wrong toll on M3

Options
  • 04-05-2018 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

I use the no-operator coin basket toll on the M3 to get rid of loose change, and have the coins ready to throw into the basket.
    I drive a small car (a Yaris). For the fourth time in about five weeks, the display today showed 2.20 instead of 1.40. I've been commuting the M3 since it opened, and this is new for me.
    It's not a big deal: I have to hop out of the car to press the operator button (it's always just out of reach :rolleyes:) and after 30 seconds I get an apology and the bar lifts. Just an inconvenience and a short delay for those behind me as well.
    Just wondering if this is happening to others? It doesn't make me want to switch to the tags, it might take an age to figure I'd been overcharged for multiple journeys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Happened a couple of times to me but i just ring the buzzer and sorted within a few seconds.
    Love that far left lane though, always play Toll Lotto, most i've ever got out in 1 go out of the change tray is 8euro :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Yup happens me all the time but it trys charge me for a vam hit the button barrier will lift within 30 secs. Email them and tell them what happened and they will send you some free passes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

My car has tinted rear passenger windows, a tinted back window and a long bonnet, but it's a standard 1.6L car.

I was told by the Toll Operators that the machines can mistake the tinted windows for a commercial vehicle or van.... and charge accordingly.

Apparently they are not referencing to a National Vehicle Registration database, but size and shape.

Is there anything remotely different about your car?

Advertisement