Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schedule of visits combined care pregnancy

Options
  • 04-05-2018 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Sorry this has probably been asked several times before but what is the schedule of GP Versus Hospital visits for combined care (public maternity care).

First scan is at 13 weeks in hospital, when does one see the GP after this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I’ve attached a photo of the schedule from a community midwives guide from Holles St. I’m guessing it should be roughly similar for all hospitals unless there are other medical issues involved?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Its approximately every four weeks from 12/13 weeks.So GP at 16, then scan at 20 (sonographer only), then alternating GP and hospital.I think it goes to every fortnight from 34 weeks.And last few visits are hospital, generally (39/40 weeks).

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Took this pic at my gps the last day

Advertisement