Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JCB 3CX insurance

Options
  • 03-05-2018 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Anyone any advice for JCB 3cx insurance, I have an '89 3cx Grey Cab, for my own use round the house and cutting firewood, looking for purely road cover. FBD were no use, said they had no policy for personal use, had to be a commercial policy, and other company didn't insure over 25 years old ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭emaherx

tfox wrote: »
    Anyone any advice for JCB 3cx insurance, I have an '89 3cx Grey Cab, for my own use round the house and cutting firewood, looking for purely road cover. FBD were no use, said they had no policy for personal use, had to be a commercial policy, and other company didn't insure over 25 years old ?

Well next year you can join vintage club and insure as vintage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

emaherx wrote: »
    Well next year you can join vintage club and insure as vintage

Vintage will only insure me travelling to and from a vintage show

Vintage will only insure me travelling to and from a vintage show

Look into it there is a policy for vintage plus light work.

Look into it there is a policy for vintage plus light work.
    Any idea with who, I have a vintage Landrover insures with FBD but they’d only insure JcB for shows

Any idea with who, I have a vintage Landrover insures with FBD but they’d only insure JcB for shows

http://www.iveta.ie/index.php/insurance

Is your Landrover insuered through a club or with FBD direct. FBD offer more options to clubs than individuals. Worth contacting some of the clubs they will have experience of such things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

My Axa vintage policy on a tractor covers own work and road us. It was a policy designed for clubs with machinery in mind. Only renewed today and read the schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Maguire237

I’m wondering the same thing but I’m only 16 and I’m wondering will I even get insurance and if so how much would I be paying for it

http://www.iveta.ie/index.php/insurance

Is your Landrover insuered through a club or with FBD direct. FBD offer more options to clubs than individuals. Worth contacting some of the clubs they will have experience of such things.
    Landrovers insured direct with FBD with IVETA membership, must try the local vintage club

TrailerBob wrote: »
    My Axa vintage policy on a tractor covers own work and road us. It was a policy designed for clubs with machinery in mind. Only renewed today and read the schedule
    Cheers I’ll look into them.

Maguire237 wrote: »
    I’m wondering the same thing but I’m only 16 and I’m wondering will I even get insurance and if so how much would I be paying for it

I got a quote of €1,200 for public liability and road cover and I’m 32. You won’t be able gondown the vintage route until your 25 with most insurers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Maguire237

Ok thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Iansheridan18

I got a quote of €1,200 for public liability and road cover and I’m 32. You won’t be able gondown the vintage route until your 25 with most insurers

That seems quite expensive for what it is

Is it just 3rd party RTA cover you need??

That seems quite expensive for what it is

Is it just 3rd party RTA cover you need??

at the moment I'm just looking for 3rd party road cover, I only use it for my own firewood and bits for family. I've had a few enquiries about doing hire work for others but as I had no public liability I had declined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

at the moment I'm just looking for 3rd party road cover, I only use it for my own firewood and bits for family. I've had a few enquiries about doing hire work for others but as I had no public liability I had declined.

Got a quote from my broker today to add a Jcb or a track machine to my farm policy.... 3rd party fire and theft.... private use only no hire...€340 for the year..... Aviva farm policy.

jimmy G M wrote: »
    Got a quote from my broker today to add a Jcb or a track machine to my farm policy.... 3rd party fire and theft.... private use only no hire...€340 for the year..... Aviva farm policy.
    Yeah that's the problem, I don't have a farm/business policy, if I had FBD would've added it on like you have with Aviva

Advertisement