Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new veggie/vegan burgers

Options
  • 03-05-2018 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭

Iceland are selling "No Bull" burgers which are vegan and gluten free. They are also delicious but they are very close to meat in texture and taste so maybe not for everyone. At €2.50 for two quarter pounders they're not bad value either.

http://cannyfood.co.uk/vegan-recipes/no-bull-burgers-iceland-review/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

Just bought them today at the new Iceland in Portlaoise; I plan to keep them in the freezer and eye them suspiciously every time I open the drawer until I have prepared myself mentally to try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Flibble wrote: »
    Just bought them today at the new Iceland in Portlaoise; I plan to keep them in the freezer and eye them suspiciously every time I open the drawer until I have prepared myself mentally to try them.

They're really lovely, the meatiness doesn't bother me at all. They remind me of the old long gone Tesco or Dunne's own brand veggie burgers but turned up a notch!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They would be very nice in a big whopping burger with all the trimmings, alone they really taste nice but I get that soy taste, that would be masked with delicious toppings.

They would be very nice in a big whopping burger with all the trimmings, alone they really taste nice but I get that soy taste, that would be masked with delicious toppings.

Onion or ketchup does it... or garlic mayo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

These things taste better and better now that I've had them more and cooked them better. Mmm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Space Dog

These are really delicious, thanks for the recommendation!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

These really surprised me, will be buying more!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Btw. What's the story with the Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers? I can't find them anywhere. They only have the sausages. I love these burgers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

chewed wrote: »
    Btw. What's the story with the Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers? I can't find them anywhere. They only have the sausages. I love these burgers

Lol. I was just about to ask how they compare to the Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers.

Yester wrote: »
    Lol. I was just about to ask how they compare to the Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers.

I can't find them anywhere in the main supermarkets. I've just contacted Linda McCartney website to ask why.

• Advertisement

I haven't had those in years but I much prefer these Iceland burgers.

I haven't had those in years but I much prefer these Iceland burgers.

I haven't had those since diagnosed Coeliac but the LMcC ones had a weird after taste but were certainly "meaty". I'd far prefer the No Bull ones but that's 100% personal taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    I haven't had those since diagnosed Coeliac but the LMcC ones had a weird after taste but were certainly "meaty". I'd far prefer the No Bull ones but that's 100% personal taste.

I wish there were more Iceland stores here. I'm really curious to taste these now! I just might have to make a trip to Finglas and check them out.

I eat meat, gf doesn't so that was the appeal of getting these - she tried but actually doesn't like them because they are too meaty, but I've found myself going back to buy more a couple of times :pac:

maximoose wrote: »
    I eat meat, gf doesn't so that was the appeal of getting these - she tried but actually doesn't like them because they are too meaty, but I've found myself going back to buy more a couple of times :pac:

I'm the same. I eat meat, but very little and trying to cut down, so am happy to have something that has a taste and texture of meat.

maximoose wrote: »

Haha, that's gas. We've been buying loads of these still, few packs at a time. Can't resist if going by iceland.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Tilikum17 wrote: »

I tried one of those, but a different one, could have been chickpea.

I found it mushy and bland, the very worst form of vege burger.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Haha, that's gas. We've been buying loads of these still, few packs at a time. Can't resist if going by iceland.

We don't have Iceland down here, and I have yet to make a homemade burger that I liked.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    We don't have Iceland down here, and I have yet to make a homemade burger that I liked.

Pity, Quay Coop have any burgers you can buy? These guys also deliver their products: https://www.moodleymanor.com/

I mostly like "meaty" burgers, but blackbean ones are pretty nice too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Beetroot one is nice with a bit of vegan coleslaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

There's a new Iceland on the Douglas Road, where Spar used to be beside the Briar Rose.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.8836467,-8.4478484,3a,75y,27.7h,93.01t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1stNw6hWITYLxSPbdVw2TPNQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

chewed wrote: »

Picked up a few boxes of the Mozarella burgers in Iceland Cabra yesterday, loads there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Tilikum17 wrote: »

I've tried their Mixed seed, Quinoa, carrot and coriander bakes and didn't care for it. Really wierd taste. It says it's suitable for vegans but I don't think it's suitable for anyone tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Zero Point

Not store bought but Supermacs has introduced a really tasty veggie burger just recently. I got it in the Galway Plaza on the motorway but I presume everywhere has them. It costs €4.95 in a multigrain bap and you get a choice of sauces. Was actually quite surprised how good it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I tried the mushroom Gosh burger....not alot of flavour and the texture was very mushy!!

Not a fan of those Linda Mozarella burgers, back to no bull!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭KingNerolives

Are there any that aren't high on the salt content?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Checked there yesterday, they have the no bull burgers and the usual Linda McCartney and Quorn bits, there's also a Greggs freezer with some vegetarian pies and tha', none of those are vegan though.

Advertisement