Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making the transition from rigids to artics

Options
  • 03-05-2018 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

I have a few months rigid experience under my belt, mainly drawing out of quarries. I have always wanted to drive artics, I have never drove one but I have my CE theory test booked and I'm going to start lessons soon. Can anyone comment on their experience on making the transition from rigid driver to artic driver?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

If you have a C license why are you doing a theory test? The truck theory test covers both c & CE. Just go get a CE permit and book some lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Rave.ef

All I'll say is once you start driving an artic you can forget about being able to back a rigid in a straight line:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

neris wrote: »
    If you have a C license why are you doing a theory test? The truck theory test covers both c & CE. Just go get a CE permit and book some lessons

Cheers for that, I rang them and got through to some indian call centre and they were adamant that I had to do the theory for CE, I just cancelled my booking, I'll go by the NDLS during the week and apply or the permit

How long ago did you do the rigid. Isn't there a time limit on adding categories. With the way things are going they will probably try and screw you anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

Rave.ef wrote: »
    How long ago did you do the rigid. Isn't there a time limit on adding categories. With the way things are going they will probably try and screw you anyway.

About 8 months ago, been driving on and off most of the 8, itching to move on though, quarry work is dirty as ****. Want to get into artics, I really want to drive the continent... eventually.

• Advertisement

I went straight to artics you'll be grand. Plenty of work out there. You'll get the permit no bother surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

godwin wrote: »
    I really want to drive the continent... eventually.

Far away hills.

Advertisement