Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a business

Options
  • 03-05-2018 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi,

Myself and a friend of mine want to set up a business which operates for the Christmas period. It would be both a web based and shop fronted business.

Please also note we both have full time jobs, this Christmas business is just extra income.

What is the best option for us? Set up a Ltd company or a partnership. Or what advice could you give? This is all new to us so any guidance at all would be helpful.

All the best,

hbab

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Not a Ltd company anyway as you will have to file accounts every year and then liquidate. Filing accounts and financial statements can be a pain.
    Can you simply operate as sole traders?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Go into your local revenue office,
    We did for a small business we set up on the side.
    They were very helpful.

Advice we got (From memory, it was a long time ago)
    You write a letter to then stating you intend to set up a small business aside from your job,
    You do not expect to earn over 15k (I think) pa.
    You will inform them if you begin to earn more

kind regards
    You"

Thats it really.
    Things may have changed since.

Advertisement