Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US roaming

Options
  • 03-05-2018 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭

I'm going to the US on Sunday - just wondering if there is any Irish network offering good roaming there, or if it is easy to pick up a PAYG sim card when I arrive?

It is a work trip so will be airport - hotel - meetings type schedule.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

I'm going to the US on Sunday - just wondering if there is any Irish network offering good roaming there, or if it is easy to pick up a PAYG sim card when I arrive?

It is a work trip so will be airport - hotel - meetings type schedule.

Eir offer WiFi Calling which allows you to avoid roaming charges when on WiFi. This might cover most of your requirements if you are on a business trip. Your phone works just like as if it is at home. You need to ensure that your phone model supports Eir WiFi Calling. Their business plans also include 1GB free US roaming data, useful when you are away from WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

im heading states soon and looking for a recommendation for a sim that I can use for data only, i wouldnt be making calls

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

If you wanted a local sim T-Mobile USA provide one for $30 for 3weeks. The minutes and texts are only for domestic use only but you get 2GB OF 4G LTE speed then reduced to 2G/3G speed after you use 2GB but it’ll be unlimited data at that speed.

https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/marketing-module/prepaid_international_tourist_plan.html

Their coverage is pretty decent here too once you’re not traveling to the middle of nowhere .

Advertisement