Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanical Engineering Online Degree

Options
  • 03-05-2018 3:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,
    In 2011 I left college & did not achieve my degree as I failed two modules. Put it down to youth & stubbornness but I never went back to repeat. I went off out into the world of employment in full-swing recession Ireland at the time armed with a Diploma in Mechanical engineering, a chip on my shoulder & a point to prove. In 2013 I emigrated to Australia where I have been working in my field for the past number of years & my career & experience has developed very well through hard work & determination.
    Now though I am wanting to return back home to the Emerald Isle, who I have missed so much, & to college to pick up where I left off & obtain my honors degree in mechanical engineering & possible go forward to a masters. However, the previously described "chip on my shoulder" & "point to prove" have manifested themselves into a wife & 3 week old child who have not evolved enough as of yet to survive on fresh air alone.
    So, to cut to the chase. has anyone returned to education in an engineering field & done distance or part-time learning to obtain their degree & where could you recommend? Any information would be greatly appreciated & well received.

Thanks in Advance.

Luke

Comments

Advertisement