Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College interview

Options
  • 02-05-2018 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi everyone.

Had an interview in IT Carlow this morning for course cw206.interviewers well lovely and friendly and I knew them as I had completed a year on a similar couse in information technology in carlow IT many years ago and they were both my lecturers at the time.

What took me back was that they didn't ask me any questions about myself (they didn't ask me any questions at all in fact).when I sat down at first I handed over a copy of my first year results from the past and then they asked me was I applying for year 2 of cw206 I said no and they seemed confused as to why I hadn't done so.I explained that I had contacted a lecturer a few months ago that I knew and she asked the head of the computing department and they advised that I should apply as a mature student to year one.

I'm just worried I won't get on the course as they didn't ask me any questions but they seemed happy enough or so I think they were.I can't remember whether she said see you in September or hope to see you in september.to be honest I was suprised as I was only in the room for less than five minutes.

I had prepared myself for a lot of questions but they werent asked.do you guys think I'm in with a chance I mean the fact that I did a year in college (different higher cert course)of a two year couse should stand to me right.the lecturer explaind that a lot of things have changed in the collage since I was there and obviously course has changed.

Am I worrying over nothing?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I'd say you are worrying over nothing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Agreed with artanevilla. I'd say they were more surprised that you wanted to start on a new course, rather than do the 2nd year of the other one. Remember: you got a chance to interview (so right away that means you have something to offer), and it doesn't sound negative at all.

I originally interviewed for my place on a course there too, and like you, didn't know what to expect. Just wait and see how it goes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭carter001

Thanks for the replies..I'll just have to wait and see if I get in or not

Advertisement