Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ateca Vs Tiguan

Options
  • 02-05-2018 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭

Were changing motors at the moment and one thing were looking at is going new PCP route.

We're looking at the 2.0 150BHP Tiguan or same spec in the Ateca, both in 4WD. Currently drive a Tiguan 4motion, trade value would be low, probably ~€4-5k

Since they are essentially the same motor overall I don't expect big differences in drivability and reliability, would i be right in thinking this ?.. Probably get a few more toys in the Ateca for same money, looking mid spec rather than base or top spec motors..

Down the line values... My thinking is the Tiguan will retain more value, yes it will cost a small bit more, but will it retain more value to pass on to the next PCP ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

I'd drive both as you may find a difference between them. Also consider the Kodiak as it's the equivalent in Skoda and again very strong.

PCP deals are tailored to each model and brand in terms of gmfv but any equity in trade in can be variable subject to conditions, use, mileage, fuel type and model, gmfv and the overall market demand vs UK imports and changes in car prices. So a lot of variables.

I generally work on having little or no equity after 3 years. Say 10% of the total cost and if I provided the minimal deposit my payments will increase but not too much.

The best sellers tend to have the best equity probabilities all things being equal. So golf, Octavia etc will perform well.

Ateca is well lauded but only new and I'd assume little or nothing, 6-8% after 3 years on the safe side. If that's affordable then great. It's it's going to cause a financial calamity then re think?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Lantus wrote: »
    I'd drive both as you may find a difference between them. Also consider the Kodiak as it's the equivalent in Skoda and again very strong.

PCP deals are tailored to each model and brand in terms of gmfv but any equity in trade in can be variable subject to conditions, use, mileage, fuel type and model, gmfv and the overall market demand vs UK imports and changes in car prices. So a lot of variables.

I generally work on having little or no equity after 3 years. Say 10% of the total cost and if I provided the minimal deposit my payments will increase but not too much.

The best sellers tend to have the best equity probabilities all things being equal. So golf, Octavia etc will perform well.

Ateca is well lauded but only new and I'd assume little or nothing, 6-8% after 3 years on the safe side. If that's affordable then great. It's it's going to cause a financial calamity then re think?

Also consider the Kodiak as it's the equivalent in Skoda and again very strong.

You are wrong that car is bigger. Perhaps you you were thinking of the Skoda Karoq which is the equivalent to the Seat Ateca and VW Tiguan.
    @ OP I say try all three and pick the one you like the best or get the best deal on whichever works out.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

AMKC wrote:
    You are wrong that car is bigger. Perhaps you you were thinking of the Skoda Karoq which is the equivalent to the Seat Ateca and VW Tiguan. @ OP I say try all three and pick the one you like the best or get the best deal on whichever works out.

All built on the same platform. All great cars....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

So did some more homework.

The standard Tiguan no longer comes in 4motion and only the Tiguan allspace does which is beyond my budget.

The skoda only comes with 4wd in the top spec models.

Took a drive on the Seat 2.0 140 4wd.
    Really nice drive and can see the similarities to my own older Tiguan plenty of power and torque on demand.

Only downside I saw was no 12v sockets in the rear or boot.

€31k straight purchase including €900 of a towbar.

Interestingly I was in Ford dealer looking at a similar spec Kuga, they weren’t interested in doing a pcp because “nobody knows where the value of diesel cars will be on three years”

I was taken back by that, he said it’s a common position with dealers at the moment. Anyone else come across this idea.

Advertisement