Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira Elite QT problem.

Options
  • 01-05-2018 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Help needed; Mira Elite QT would not start this morning. Power on at main switch and the green 'on light' just comes on for a second but no noise what so ever. I've checked filter and water supply and both ok and never gave any problem up to this. Less than 2 years in and not over used. Any ideas? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

jonny d wrote:
    Help needed; Mira Elite QT would not start this morning. Power on at main switch and the green 'on light' just comes on for a second but no noise what so ever. I've checked filter and water supply and both ok and never gave any problem up to this. Less than 2 years in and not over used. Any ideas? thanks.

Less than 2 years will be covered under their warranty.

When you turn it on does anything happen? Do you get even a small amount of water?

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭jonny d

Nothing at all only a quick flash of green in the power light. Not even a hum or noise at all.

jonny d wrote:
    Nothing at all only a quick flash of green in the power light. Not even a hum or noise at all.

Sounds like the shower isn't getting 230 volts. It looks like the pull cord switch has burnt out. When replacing it try get a 50amp one rather than a 45amp. I find Hager 50 amp switch pretty good

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Sounds like the shower isn't getting 230 volts. It looks like the pull cord switch has burnt out. When replacing it try get a 50amp one rather than a 45amp. I find Hager 50 amp switch pretty good

There isn't a pull cord on this just a push button Thanks for reply!

jonny d wrote:
    There isn't a pull cord on this just a push button Thanks for reply!

You have an isolation switch somewhere. If not a pull cord switch then what looks like a cooker switch outside the bathroom or possibly in the hot press. The isolation switch most likely needs replacing. It's less likely but could be the RCBO at the fusebox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

My opinion, you have 220v at shower but under load you dont, most likely bad contact at isolation switch or bad contact at shower.Ensure all neutral/live/earth contact are good.if not faulty isolation switch or rcbo[unlikely]

agusta wrote: »
    My opinion, you have 220v at shower but under load you dont, most likely bad contact at isolation switch or bad contact at shower.Ensure all neutral/live/earth contact are good.if not faulty isolation switch or rcbo[unlikely]

Changed switch and all working again! Thanks for help.

Advertisement