Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Bake Off: The Professionals 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,851 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Anyone watching this year's series?

(Please point me to a thread if there is one already, couldn't find one with the search function!)

Cherish making it almost - but not quite - unwatchable for me, God she a right PITA!

The personality tensions in this series make it kind of hard going - was that always the way? The teams (bar the previous nearly-winners) don't seem to gel very well this time, they seem to expend as much energy bitching at/about each other as cooking!

This week I'm definitely rooting for the blue haired girl and her sidekick - they're definitely the most laid back, enjoying it, but good with it .

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gemancy

I’ve watched the first few episodes but tbh I find it really boring. Whilst I appreciate they must be under immense pressure and I’m sure the tasks are incredibly difficult ,, I find the contestants come across as inept most of the time and the results are always less than inspiring...expert couch critic here :rolleyes:

The whole judging process is painful, it’s strange but the series lacks the appeal of the standard show imo. Not sure why I’m watching it now:D:D:D

Gemancy wrote: »
    I’ve watched the first few episodes but tbh I find it really boring. Whilst I appreciate they must be under immense pressure and I’m sure the tasks are incredibly difficult ,, I find the contestants come across as inept most of the time and the results are always less than inspiring...expert couch critic here :rolleyes:

The whole judging process is painful, it’s strange but the series lacks the appeal of the standard show imo. Not sure why I’m watching it now:D:D:D

Almost exactly how I feel about it. It's the personalities that keep me hooked, not the chefery.

The judges are just complete pains!

Not a patch on the original series.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gemancy

Still though, as a sad reflection on how non exciting my current life is , I will probably continue to watch the remainder of the series, just so I have something to give out about! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Gemancy wrote: »
    Still though, as a sad reflection on how non exciting my current life is , I will probably continue to watch the remainder of the series, just so I have something to give out about! :D

Lol same here!

• Advertisement

Jaysus, the STRESS of tonight's episode! :eek:

And that was just watching the telly!!!

I'm so delighted the Hurlingham Club girls got through - and I thought it was lovely to see Grete galloping down the room to hug Laura (who I thought would have a nervous breakdown before the final credits!). I think they knew writing was on their wall, even with the showpiece total collapse.

Can't say a single one of either bakes (well, "bakes" for the second round) would have lit my fire, but they were undoubtedly fiendishly difficult.

Can't see the French boys being beaten, but I'm rooting for the HC girls, they just have a brillliant attitude!

Love the two girls as well - they were lucky this week!! Think all of them have an uphill climb to beat the 2 French guys but stranger things have happened!

Aw jeeeeepers, more sugar work tonight!

Not sure I'm able for the stress of this :eek:

I just love hearing Domenico and Alessandra when they break into Italian between themseves! :D

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I just love hearing Domenico and Alessandra when they break into Italian between themseves! :D
    Wow, their desserts looked and sounded AMAZING!

I fear for the girls this evening....... :(

• Advertisement

OMG, they squeaked through again!

They'd want to be upping their game a bit to keep going, methinks......

Didn't realise tonight is the semi final. Hmm who goes out? Hard to pick imo

Didn't realise tonight is the semi final. Hmm who goes out? Hard to pick imo

The Italians are fairly putting it up to the Frenchies!

Depends on carnage level between the other two pairs, I'm guessing..... hoping against hope the girls survive.

Was very sad to see the two girls go last week.

My God, but Cherish is hard work to listen to :(

I know (because I was told here in no uncertain terms a while back!) that she's the best in the business, a genius, the ultimate professional, yadda yadda - but honesty, she'd put me off getting stuck into the next series at all. And the French fella wouldn't be far behind!

They really make the whole thing a bit of an ordeal.

(maybe ordeal is overegging it a bit!)

But the pairs are what make up for them!

I'm honestly torn between the French guys, and the Italian pair. I think it's between them in this final round.

Worthy winners IMO. The final piece was fabulous although the other team was way better in the first round
    There's another programme finished. What will we watch now ??? :(

Anyone watching the new series?

I didn't even realise it was on until I happened to catch tonight's episode!

The two Asian girls look very familiar, were they (or one of them anyway) in some other series??

Looked like a very high standard tonight (although not one of the showstopper desserts even remotely resembled trifle IMO!!).

Now to catch up on the three I've missed....

ETA - I nearly forgot - best news of all, Tom Allen is missing!! Not sure Stacey Solomon brings a whole lot to the party, but she's a bit easier on the ear!

Advertisement