Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zika virus in Bali

Options
  • 30-04-2018 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've been looking online for any updates or travel advice on the Zika virus. Myself and my other half are going to Bali on honeymoon in two weeks time, and although we had been planning on trying to conceive, it looks like we may need to delay this.

All information I can find online is from the big outbreak last year, nothing for 2018. Does anyone know where I can find updated information?

Both of us plan on having blood tests as soon as we get back to ensure we're clear too.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's still a risk now but it might not be much of a one as it covers a lot of countries even the states.
    Either way if you get a mozzie bite it's going to be in the back of your head for a long time even through the first few months of pregnancy.

Is it all booked and paid for? It's a fairly long haul flight so if your prepared to do that there's loads of other destinations with no risk of it.

I reckon you will get a mozzie bite regardless.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

The WHO have good info on outbreaks, they do up date it regularly too.
    will try to find a link.

Advertisement