Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurers for 15+ yr. old cars?

Options
  • 30-04-2018 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is already up on another thread but could not find a good one. Can people list these companies and maybe price examples below, ( also say if they are your existing insurers). Many thanks. And maybe this can be included in a sticky if not already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

There are a lot of factors to take into consideration.

The first that comes to mind is : new business/existing business. A lot of companies will continue to insure when a car passes the 15yr mark but most won't touch as new business.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved to insurance forum where you will indeed find a sticky for 15+ cars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I've been insured for years on a classic policy from Allianz(current), AIG, Axa through first ireland brokers for 400 a year with a yearly millage cap of 6000.

Car was a 93 bmw 740 up till 2015 and currently is a 97 bmw 830ci. Both were my daily and only car on the policy, But it does seem to be a complete lottery on who they accept and who they refuse.

For classic insurance, car needs to be over 20 years and driver needs to be 25+ but can vary from company to company.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP is now using the sticky so I'm closing this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement