Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best phone sim free for ca 250 quid?

Options
  • 30-04-2018 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,823 ✭✭✭

My trusty three year old Vodafone smart ultra 6 is gone a bit flickery and I've probably well gotten my value for money out of it by now. I've also just been presented with 250 quid in one4all vouchers so I'm looking for a replacement.

Moto g5s plus is sort of where I'm thinking, but if anyone knows of any crackin bargains then I'm all ears.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jimlynch123

Hi I was looking at the moto also but then read up reviews on Xiaomi Mi A1 which i bought on Aliexpress have it now for few weeks and very very happy with it paid 156 euro total but had to wait for maybe few weeks delivery 4gb ram and 64gb memory also duel sim but i use 1 for micro sd card instead,hope this maybe a help for you

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

Hiya,

I was looking for a cheap phone after my Samsung S4's battery gave up and I couldn't get a genuine replacement..

I bought a Moto E4 Plus cos of the big battery.
    Turned out to be a pile of muck.. had frustrating wifi and bluetooth problems.. forums were full of people in same boat.

Fought with Argos and got my money back.

Finally went back to Samsung.. got a J5 (2017 model) from Eir for €199 at the time (last month) and haven't looked back.
    Great phone.. battery lasts days for me ( I'm not on it that much..) and things that wouldn't run on the moto (Super Mario) work perfectly on it.
    Friends have the J3 and aren't as happy with the battery on that, so I'd say go for the J5 myself

Advertisement