Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't Cope, Won't Cope

Options
  • 29-04-2018 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭

How did it get a 2nd season.

Is it a comedy ?
    Load of girls walking around talking on phones.
    Load of over acting

Very strange - even a bigger budget with scenes in other countries.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,242 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It's awful rubbish, the main woman is wasted in it she was excellent in a date for a mad Mary.
    Also I think the use of the word like constantly in the script is bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

gmisk wrote: »
    It's awful rubbish, the main woman is wasted in it she was excellent in a date for a mad Mary.
    Also I think the use of the word like constantly in the script is bizarre.

Cork accent. Which she does pretty well.

I like it, what’s it about? Women living together in Dublin and their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,242 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Cork accent. Which she does pretty well.

I like it, what’s it about? Women living together in Dublin and their lives.
    I know what it's about... I just don't find it compelling at all personally but hey, maybe I am not the target market.

I also know people from Cork say like a bit... My partner is from there and he thought it was over used on the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

gmisk wrote: »
    I know what it's about... I just don't find it compelling at all personally but hey, maybe I am not the target market.

I also know people from Cork say like a bit... My partner is from there and he thought it was over used on the show

I doubt if I am the target market either - in fact I first saw it on Netflix - but I find it’s fairly well and naturalistically acted and enjoyable enough.

It’s a slight program, fairly well put together, but Irish people tend to expect perfection with Irish dramas or black comedies.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

In my opinion, the one thing that worked in thisprogramme was the two main characters - they had good chemistry and sparked off each other. Apart from that the plot, dialogue, pacing and support characters were all weak.

To split up the two of them was a bad move. To have your two main characters in different continents not speaking to each other just exposes how little else the show has to offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Have watched the first two episodes and god its awful rubbish, it really is going nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I doubt if I am the target market either - in fact I first saw it on Netflix - but I find it’s fairly well and naturalistically acted and enjoyable enough.

It’s a slight program, fairly well put together, but Irish people tend to expect perfection with Irish dramas or black comedies.

They could start with competency

Advertisement