Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home projector setup

Options
  • 29-04-2018 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi everyone and thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I know nothing of projectors or how to connect them.

What I do know is what I have and what it is I am trying to achieve.

This is for a ceiling mounted projector in the front room. In the ceiling there is a double socket and a Cat 5 socket.
    The wall is 2.4 meters away from the socket and the ceiling is 2.8 meters high. The max projection width (chimney breast) is 2.3 meters. A picture width of 1200mm would be good.

The Cat 5 cable runs to the internet router. There is another Cat 5 cable running from the corner of the room to the same router. So they can be connected directly together.

What I am trying to achieve is to use my windows laptop to run the projector. I am happy using whatever technology (casting etc) but running new cables (HDMI cables etc) is totally out of the question.

I would like the sound to run through (Bluetooth ?) speakers so that these could be used independently.

The room is 6m x 5m

NOTE We are not big TV viewers. Ultra high definition is not what we are after.
    We watch Netflix etc and not every day.

Reasonable quality picture and reliability are the main concerns. And budget. I know I could spend thousands on a projector. But it is not going to happen!! The budget is €700 maximum.

Thank you again for taking the time to read this but I hope I have given enough info for people to give meaningful recommendations on not only a suitable projector and speakers but also how run the setup.

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RedGableDave

Maybe I am asking the wrong questions but has anyone any advice as to the best setup?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

You’ll get a projector on Adverts for cheap enough with a year or two bulb left.

Also you’ll get a good sound system with Bluetooth for 100-130 euro (Sony Ht-rt3)

Your best bet is start googling projectors you can cast too etc

Google is your best friend here. Check out YouTube videos too.

Cheap home cinema setup etc.

Advertisement