Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beast (2018)

Options
  • 29-04-2018 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭

Seen this twice now, first at the film festival and also yesterday in the Lighthouse and enjoyed it just as much the second time around as I did the first.

Hard to believe it was the writer director's debut feature.

Few small gripes (major spoiler):
    Think they should have spent a little more time on both Moll starting to suspect Pascal and just why, as it the fight felt like it wasn't enough. Noticing something else in his behavior would have been more realistic I thought... and also the scene where he admits it's him felt rushed a little.

Nitpicking with the above though as overall I felt it was a cracking little film with some great performances, particularly from Jessie Buckley (one of own it seems).

She gave a Q&A in the Lighthouse yesterday and came across sound. Will look forward to seeing her in other films now for sure.

Advertisement