Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Feel Pretty

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Was at a screening awhile back and it's dreadful. Much worse than Trainwreck.

It would have been mildly funny (in parts) if an actual overweight actress had played the part, like Melissa McCarthy or Rebel Wilson maybe, but Schumer's what, a stone and some change off being in good shape?

It's ridiculous to see her playing a role where the character is shocked to be asked for their number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Was at a screening awhile back and it's dreadful. Much worse than Trainwreck.

It would have been mildly funny (in parts) if an actual overweight actress had played the part, like Melissa McCarthy or Rebel Wilson maybe, but Schumer's what, a stone and some change off being in good shape?

It's ridiculous to see her playing a role where the character is shocked to be asked for their number.

Agreed. It’s ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Went last night with the wife and daughter. Could have gone to the Avengers with the young lad but I just can't take any more super hero movies.

I enjoyed it, as did the girls and most of the people in the cinema judging from the amount of laughing. The central premise is well delivered, some of the gags are hit and miss but the feel good factor is undeniable. High art it is not but if you fancy leaving your brain at the door, eating some popcorn, having a chuckle and walking out with a smile on your face, it delivers.

6.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So finally got to see this during the week. I enjoyed it. It is very hit a miss do. I found a few parts funny but would hardly call it a comedy. I do agree that Amy Schumer does not look in any way ugly or fat. I think a different actress could have played the part. Everytime I seen her thinking she was not pretty I was just like: Your beautiful girl. I thought the film was more about believing in yourself and finding your confidence to do whatever it is you want to do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement