Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choose Your Own Movie Adventure - 21st Century Fox

Options
  • 28-04-2018 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭

This is another gimmick which was announced from studio executives at 21st CF at CinemaCon 2018. This one focuses on movies released in the cinema with a smartphone app. What they are proposing is allowing to use your smart phones to download an app called CtrlMovie which lets you decide what you would think happen from one of their own released movies. In simple terms; it's an idea that lets you, the viewer using the app, control the outcome of what happens in the whole movie.

There is more detail about this idea from 21st CF in this link.

https://www.thewrap.com/choose-adventure-interactive-movie-works-fox/

I think this idea personally is an awful load of nonsense & a pure waste of time. I do not like the idea of this being put on films at all. I would say that some people think it's a very good idea in the short term. They can be open to this idea if they want to opt-in to it. I don't like the experience of allowing a movie being subject to a public vote from a small subset of people watching a cinema screen to attain my perceived outcome of a film. I just think it's whole aim of letting us having control instead of the director is a complete waste of time. I think people by & large would not be in favour of this at all. They probably throw a lot of scorn to this idea becoming reality if they eventually become disappointed if their own choice does not come up on the big screen.

Advertisement