Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crashed into by stolen car

Options
  • 28-04-2018 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice here. On my way home from work on Thursday I was hit by a stolen car (it's fully insured), I think my own is a write off but it's with the insurance assessors. Its got just over two years of payments to go.

If it is written off what do I get? The value of the car or the balance of the HP?

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I don't think you will be able to claim from insurance of stolen car.

If accident wasn't your fault, imo you should be able to claim from mibi or directly from your insurance and they can recover cost of a claim from mibi which should save your NCB.

If accident was your own fault, then you can only claim from your own insurance and loose NCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

If you have comp cover and the other car was stolen and liability rests with the other car, your insurers will deal with your claim without affecting your bonus as they are obliged to do under the mibi agreement.

If you don't have comp cover the mibi will deal with it.

The mibi is an insurer of last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

On value, I would expect the settlement to be the market value of the vehicle less salvage value less policy excess.

Advertisement