Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking camper awning repair and appliance maintenance in Cork/Munster

Options
  • 28-04-2018 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi folks,

I'm having some trouble locating the place nearest to me (I'm in Cork city) that can do some repair on an awning and service/repair the fridge and cooker in my 2003 LCM coachbuilt camper. I took it to Munster Leisure Services last summer, when the camper was newly bought, but their number is out of service now and I can't find any other contact to find out if they're still operational. Someone told me about Buckley's Caravans Mallow, but their phone number is 'not recognised' and it comes up on Google as 'permanently closed'. I need to get a good check over as the appliances seem not to have been serviced for a good while.

Has everyone near me just disappeared?

I'm the only driver and have two toddlers, so I really would like not to have the hassle of having to travel too far. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Zebra Pinstripe

Thanks for that: I'm still hoping that there's somewhere closer to me than North Tipperary, as the logistics of it with just one driver are a bit of a horror. I have tried Westlink Caravans in Cork City, but they were unable to help me with my awning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

Thanks for that: I'm still hoping that there's somewhere closer to me than North Tipperary, as the logistics of it with just one driver are a bit of a horror. I have tried Westlink Caravans in Cork City, but they were unable to help me with my awning.

I know someone based not far from Cork who has done some very good work on my van (very big and very small jobs including fixing the fridge). He's reasonable too. Only thing is I think he's doing it part time for the last while. I can PM you his number if you like.

Edit: Buckleys closed a few years ago. Retired I think. - afaik they sold their stock to North motorhomes in Carrick on Suir.
    I'd second the advice on Pat Horans if nothing else works out. They know their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Zebra Pinstripe

Thanks very much, SeamusG27, I'd be delighed if you would pm me the name and number. I was happily returning to Munster Leisure Services near Bweeng, but I can't contact him any more.

I've a broken awning gear assembly, so I'm afraid of my life that I'll end up with an escaped awning that I can't get back in. It should be a fairly straightforward job, but will take two trips/leaving for a while as the parts need to be ordered.

Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Thanks very much, SeamusG27, I'd be delighed if you would pm me the name and number. I was happily returning to Munster Leisure Services near Bweeng, but I can't contact him any more.

I've a broken awning gear assembly, so I'm afraid of my life that I'll end up with an escaped awning that I can't get back in. It should be a fairly straightforward job, but will take two trips/leaving for a while as the parts need to be ordered.

Thanks for your help.

Derek Walsh Camper Centre
    https://www.derekwalshcampercentre.com

Kildimo - Limerick - might be an option if stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

There's a "new" guy in Clonmel too, well he's there 2 years or so I think but we just brought our camper in for the first time for fridge, aircon fitting, and other maintenance jobs.
    Will post on here in 2 weeks of so with feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rubberducky1888

SeamusG97 wrote: »
    I know someone based not far from Cork who has done some very good work on my van (very big and very small jobs including fixing the fridge). He's reasonable too. Only thing is I think he's doing it part time for the last while. I can PM you his number if you like.

Edit: Buckleys closed a few years ago. Retired I think. - afaik they sold their stock to North motorhomes in Carrick on Suir.
    I'd second the advice on Pat Horans if nothing else works out. They know their stuff.

Hi I am in the same situation, would you mind giving me that number also. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

Hi I am in the same situation, would you mind giving me that number also. Thanks

Can you PM me the details also please.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rubberducky1888

PM received. Thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

Yawlboy wrote: »
    Can you PM me the details also please.

Thanks for the PM

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

There's a "new" guy in Clonmel too, well he's there 2 years or so I think but we just brought our camper in for the first time for fridge, aircon fitting, and other maintenance jobs.
    Will post on here in 2 weeks of so with feedback.

http://www.sweeneycamperandcaravanrepairs.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Camdec

m8 wrote: »

I think they are now located in Cahir, Co. Tipperary.
    There is a repair company in Mitchelstown, Co. Cork - Mitchelstown Campers. They have a good reputation I believe. I think the owner is a guy called David O'Brien. I don't have his phone. He's on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

We used https://www.derekwalshcampercentre.com/ in limerick to repair damp we found in a camper a few yrs ago. We found them really good and explained and showed us where the damage was and what they were gonna be doing. Work was excellent when it was finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Donaldo

Has anybody used these chaps in Midleton?

http://www.vehiclerepairsolutions.ie

Advertisement